Arcana Magicka Spell Pack - WIP

Salvostramus

I've seen mods like Midas Magic and Apocolypse spell package, but I wanted to add my own flavor of magic to Skyrim, hopefully in a way that fits very well along with vanilla spells. This is my first foray into Skyrim modding, so I am going to be asking for a lot of help on these forums. Done some lurking here and you all seem like a pretty helpful bunch. ;) This mod will be developed to be used alongside Balanced Magic

Planned spells: (Subject to change at anytime)

Malak's Curse - Deals fire damage over 15s. If the target dies while it is active, it seeks a new target. (Destruction)
Gravity Well - Creates a singularity that pulls enemies towards it before imploding. Adept Level (Destruction)
Singularity - Master level version of Gravity Well that pulls over a large area and implodes for massive damage. Requires two hands to cast. (Destruction)
Earth Rune - Placeable rune that does damage and knocks back enemies in a short radius, even friendlies! (Destruction)
Boulder - Launches a sizable rock that does damage and 25% damage to stamina and has a 50% chance to stagger. 100% chance to stagger if dual cast, even without perks. (Destruction)
Firewalker - Causes the caster to leave a trail of flame behind them for 15s. (Destruction)
Frostwalker - Causes the caster to leave a trail of ice behind them for 15s. (Destruction)
Stormwalker - Causes the caster to leave a trail of lightning behind them for 15s. (Destruction)
Chains of Torment - While channeled, a stream of flame forms between caster and target point, damaging all enemies that pass through it. (Destruction)
Landslide - Pelts the target with a steady stream of rocks with a chance to stagger and does 25% damage to stamina. Novice Concentration (Destruction)
Living Flame - A channeled beam attack that chains to new enemies and deals more damage further down the chain. (Destruction)
Elemental Destruction - Plants a giant elemental rune on the ground. Roots target and deals 600 damage of each element over 5s when triggered by an enemy with mark of doom. Only 1 cast per day. Master (Destruction)
Meridia's Orb - A slow moving orb of golden light that seeks out its target, dealing fire damage to everything it passes through. Deals 50% more damage to undead. (Destruction)
Mark of Doom - Marks a target for Elemental Destruction. Master level (Destruction)

Shadowshift - Teleports the caster behind the targeted enemy within a medium range. (Alteration)
Crystalline Refuge - Freezes the caster in place and encases them in a protective crystal. Crystal shatters after taking enough damage or after casting a 2nd time. (Alteration)
[Done] Arcane Exchange - Siphons magicka from the target, while siphoning stamina to them.(Alteration)
Furious Exchange - Siphons stamina from the target, while siphoning magicka to them.(Alteration)
Daedric Eye - Projects the casters mind through space while channeling, allowing them to scout ahead. (Alteration)
Earthen Barrier - Sprays a protective earthen wall onto the ground. Expert (Alteration)
Armor of Agony - Armor spell that causes 25% of incoming damage to be dealt back to the attacker. (Alteration)
Oil Slick - Sprays flammable oil onto the ground. (Alteration)
Nighteye - You can see in the dark for 60s. (Alteration)
Aspect of Akatosh - Draw upon the purest of raw power from your dragonblood, allowing you to shout with no cooldown for 30s. Only 1 cast per day. Master (Alteration)

Rune of Life - Placeable rune that heals an area when an ally triggers it. - (Restoration)
Mark of Protection - Protects an ally for 60s, healing them if their health drops below 15%. (Restoration)
Healing Blessing - Heals the caster over 15s. (Restoration)
Respite - Master level spell. Casts a bubble around the caster that cannot be crossed by magic or projectiles. Requires two hands to cast. (Restoration)
Ward of Reflection - Expert level ward that reflects incoming spell damage back to the attacker. (Restoration)
Resplendant Ward - Dual cast ward that offers 360 degrees of protection around and above the caster. Master level (Restoration)

Mirror Image - Summons a ghostly copy of yourself at your cursor to distract enemies. (Illusion)
Namira's Lament - Strikes the target with blindness for 6s. (Illusion)
Short Circuit - Causes a weak or moderate mechanical enemy to for fight for you for 30s.(Illusion) (Dwemer Spiders and Spheres)
Greater Short Circuit - Causes a strong mechanical enemy to fight for you for 30s. (Illusion) (Dwemer Centurion)
Vaermina's Embrace - Caster transforms into a shade of Vaermina for 60s, exuding an aura that terrifies all nearby enemies and conjures hallucinations that siphon health, stamina, and magicka to the caster. 1 cast per day. (Illusion)

Chaurus Swarm - Conjure a swarm of mini Chaurus onto the ground. (Conjuration)
Rune of the Undead - Placeable rune that summons a random undead ally for 60s. Small chance to summon deathlord. (Conjuration)
Conjure Daedra - Conjure a daedric prince for 60s. Requires daedric artifact, usable once per day. (Conjuration)

So far I have Arcane Exchange working the way I want and can easily make Furious Exchange, but I am hitting a snag on my Earth Rune.

Earth Rune works beautifully as advertised, with one hiccup. For some reason it is dealing a large amount of damage wherever I try to plant the rune, even on invalid objects such as NPCs, while vanilla runes do no damage until triggered as expected. This especially confuses me since I made it by copying and then modifying components of a vanilla frost rune.

I am also confused as to how Runes calculate their damage area, as all damage effects for vanilla runes seem to have 0 area in CK. I know about

glitch in CK, and I don't think this is what is happening. Anyone have experience with modding runes that can help me out?