CTD when attempting to enter the Rock or Coe Estate

OldManMonza

Ok found another location that causes the CTD with those values in the ini. The Astral Lounge will cause it as well. So far here are the locations that I have found

The Rock

Coe Estate

Astral Lounge

Still haven't found why these are causing issues. Posting here hoping that someone else may have had the issue and gotten it fixed

Finally after almost a week of pulling out my hair I found the cause of my trials and tribulations. Crispy8181 and HeyYou got me headed down the path with the mention of the textures. So what was the culprit? One part my dumbass and two parts OneDrive. Let me explain. I had been downloading mods and texture changes since it came out. I had been using Vortex to remove said mods when they didn't work, wasn't what I expected etc. I would uninstall via Vortex and figured "Hey works great for Skyrim" and paid it no mind. However as we all know now Starfield uses the User\Documents\ Folder for the Data folder now. When I was doing the removal Vortex would delete the items. However what I didn't count on was OneDrive trying to be helpful was PUTTING THEM BACK AFTER DELETION! So shut down OneDrive, cleaned up the Data Directory. Boom-Bada-Bing! No more crashes in the Rock, The Coe Estate or The Astral Lounge. So for those of you who may be using OneDrive make damn certain when you clear something out, it stays out.

Finally after almost a week of pulling out my hair I found the cause of my trials and tribulations. Crispy8181 and HeyYou got me headed down the path with the mention of the textures. So what was the culprit? One part my dumbass and two parts OneDrive. Let me explain. I had been downloading mods and texture changes since it came out. I had been using Vortex to remove said mods when they didn't work, wasn't what I expected etc. I would uninstall via Vortex and figured "Hey works great for Skyrim" and paid it no mind. However as we all know now Starfield uses the User\Documents\ Folder for the Data folder now. When I was doing the removal Vortex would delete the items. However what I didn't count on was OneDrive trying to be helpful was PUTTING THEM BACK AFTER DELETION! So shut down OneDrive, cleaned up the Data Directory. Boom-Bada-Bing! No more crashes in the Rock, The Coe Estate or The Astral Lounge. So for those of you who may be using OneDrive make damn certain when you clear something out, it stays out.

I have been extracting texture mods to the game data directory, not the one in My Games, and they work fine.... I suspect that the game will play with 'em no matter which directory they are in. I REALLY don't want to install a whole bunch mods to my My Games directory. That's on the O/S drive..... Can't be fillin' that up with mods. :D

Might have to tell windows that particular directory is elsewhere. Put it on my D drive, with my games and such.