Im too lazy to tweak files, when will Starfield modding get simpler?

mrmaynard13

Hi everyone,

Im slightly discouraged from modding Starfield just yet because of the extra steps required to get mods working, such as the StarfieldCustom.ini step that most mods need. Mainly because of laziness.

After watching Gopher's Modding Starfield video he says that the StarfieldCustom.ini should no longer be required after Bethesda release their official modding tools for Starfield, which might take a few months according to mod tool releases for Skyrim and FO4, if anyone has other news?

So I just wanted to confirm if all I'm saying sounds correct, or if its wrong and Starfield will be very simple to mod (like Skyrim) very soon, or already?

It always starts this way- then the stuff you are too lazy to do gets automated or bypassed. My hazy memory of FO4 suggests this happened relatively quickly back then. Maybe with a mod that allowed all the other mods to just work.

To be honest, rushing to use mods in the first weeks is for the brave. They can ruin games, your save or your install. They can have serious downsides. They can make claims that turn out to be completely false. Many badly composed mods are just posted for clout, before good modders get established, and are known by rep.

Many think Beth games first deserve to be experienced 'clean', warts and all- so you really get to appreciate the changes brought by good mods in the future.

It always starts this way- then the stuff you are too lazy to do gets automated or bypassed. My hazy memory of FO4 suggests this happened relatively quickly back then. Maybe with a mod that allowed all the other mods to just work.

Oh that makes a lot of sense now. For Skyrim I only learned how to mod outside of Steam Workshop months after release. And for Fallout 4 I only played it on the Xbox. Good to know this is normal for all releases.