Modding Help Requested

morris2222

Hi everyone, I am currently having an issue with modding my Starfield game. The game itself runs when launched from Vortex, and is completely playable, however none of the mods I download seem to be applied to the game. Vortex says that they have all been deployed when I click the button to do so, and all my other games that are modded with Vortex (mainly just Skyrim LE and SE) are working fine. SFSE picks up on the game no issue. I have already checked and my StarfieldCustom.ini is indeed intact and present in the My Documents spot it's supposed to be in.

One thing to note is that Vortex and the other games are all installed on my D: drive, a hard drive, while Starfield is stored on my E: drive which is a SSD. But my staging folder is also in my E: drive, so it shouldn't be an issue right? I've attached an image of my mod list for Starfield. The Skyrim LE game has over 200+ mods and seems to get the mods working just fine.

Is it strange that the plugins tab isn't present on the Starfield Vortex page? Are they deploying successfully but not being made into plugins?

Advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

They aren't esp files for the most part, that are bat files that need to be added to the "startingconsolecommands" line in your ini. Otherwise, they don't work. Vortex doesn't know how to do those yet.

Read the install instructions for the mod, its a manual process, but, it works.