What Changes Do I Need

Adipose

Okay, here's the situation.

I've got conflicts among my mods.

First off, how do I open "xedit"?

Second, barring the build of a very expensive, state of the art PC, what not quite top of the line components should I put in? Right now, I've got trouble with mods that make a lot of changes.

Frex, I installed a 2k mod that enhanced detail in Skyrim in-general. That caused unpredictable CTDs, particularly in Whiterun...which tends to be buggy anyway.

Is it possible to build a PC that will be able to cope with just about any mod that FNIS can install?

Not in the LE world, in my experience and rough understanding of the game.

The game Oldrim game engine is a 32-bit application. It cannot use more than 4 gigs of RAM, no matter how much you really have. These 4 gigs include main processor RAM and your GPU memory; the total must fit in the 4-gig-address-space.

The game is actually REALLY good at working around this constraint, loading in RAM just what it needs... swapping objects in and out of 3d world... keeping going even when there is not enough memory to handle what's in your direct visual field, picking objects to suppress with minimal impact.

However, if you have too many large assets to fit in memory, it will run out of options and start showing bizarre and incoherent behaviors. These include: black face, black bodies, transparent bodies, invisible NPCs, NPCs that disappear or are teleported out of the current room, NPCs that loop through this disappear/teleport then reappear behavior, and CTDs.

The only solution I know is to drop the super high-res assets. On my current screen, I don't really benefit from textures above 1K anyhow... It's nice to have 2K npcs, sometimes... 4K is really over the top.

All this changes with SE... being a 64-bit application, it can use all the memory from your CPU and GPU.

BTW, if properly installed, you start xEdit from your launch menu, or by whatever means is normal for your mod manager. I assume you are asking because of an installation issue and will let others respond since I haven't attempted it recently.