Dwemer Bladetrap

skullionaire117

• 1 month later...

I get that. they can be a pain for just the PC but if you have followers and the blades can't be deactivated from the going in side or at all in one case I can recall, it's a big problem. Especailly if the follower has a quest in that ruin.

Not that I know of. But honestly... avoiding them is quite simple.

1) Pay attention to where you're walking and don't step on any traps that activate them. They're really easy to spot in almost all cases. And they're just as easy to get around.

2) if they're already spinning and you can't do anything about it, use whatever athletics you can muster to escape being sliced, and be prepared with health potions and or power food (beef, boar, venison, mammoth, horker stews or steaks), or other similar high value foods (sweet rolls come to mind, but they're not alone) to overcome the damage they'll do while you extricate yourself.

Push come shove, you could always drop into god mode, or fire off a TCL console command for a minute if you don't mind the hit to "immersion"

And... If you're worried about followers doing dumb things, instruct them to "Wait", navigate the obstacle, then turn it off (most times there's a switch just past them), and go back and unwait them.

• 1 month later...

Or, when you instruct them to 'wait', you also write down their refID (can see when clicking on the NPC, or anything else, when in the console).  Get to the other side, re-open the console and use the moveto player command.  Look up the console commands via a search for help.

There is also a teleport followers function available in Nether's Follower Framework, and some few others.