DLC Mods

Garfield007

When I try to run my game with any kind of DLC modifications and as soon as I click launch game, my screen goes black and then I am back in windows. The game won't even run.

This seems to be an issue with all DLC games and I have all 4 so far.

Can anyone please help?

Do I need a special program or anything to run those mods?

Thanks

Ok, that is where I put all my downloaded mods. I have between 10-20 mods running and they all work except for the DLC mods.

For example, I just downloaded the weapon tweak mod for Point Outlook and when I try to run it, my screen goes black and it sends me back to windows.

I was just thinking they might work if they were actually in the Fallout3 "data" folder is all.

Ok, that is where I put all my downloaded mods. I have between 10-20 mods running and they all work except for the DLC mods.

For example, I just downloaded the weapon tweak mod for Point Outlook and when I try to run it, my screen goes black and it sends me back to windows.

but did you move the DLC there as well? the thread I linked to showed how to do that.

I have the latest patch 1.6...

I guess you using a Fallout Patch like 1.0.15 or even 1.0

This outdated Versions cant handle BSA Archives. So you

must extract them or use a newer patch.

Here's the problem. You need to move the DLC files (usually two bsa and one esm) from here:

C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Xlive\DLC

To your Data folder. You may need to go into folder options and set "view hidden files and folders".

If you don't move them you will crash anytime you try to run a DLC dependant mod (ie such as one that changes something in the DLC), because if you let GfWL load the DLC it will load it last (when it needs to be loaded before the DLC dependant mod).