DLC Mods

Garfield007

Ah I see now. Thanks.

I'll try that out....

Sigh, so far I can't find that folder Xlive. Not sure if that is even on my computer.

I looked around a bit more and I can't even find the folders that my DLC's are downloaded too.

What do I do now?

Here's the problem. You need to move the DLC files (usually two bsa and one esm) from here:

C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Xlive\DLC

To your Data folder. You may need to go into folder options and set "view hidden files and folders".

If you don't move them you will crash anytime you try to run a DLC dependant mod (ie such as one that changes something in the DLC), because if you let GfWL load the DLC it will load it last (when it needs to be loaded before the DLC dependant mod).

Ah I see now. Thanks.

I'll try that out....

Sigh, so far I can't find that folder Xlive. Not sure if that is even on my computer.

I looked around a bit more and I can't even find the folders that my DLC's are downloaded too.

What do I do now?

This may help

Make sure you have "Show Hidden Files" checked off, or you won't be able to see the folder.

For XP:

You can make this change in any Windows Explorer window by going to Tools Menu, Folder Options, View Tab and about 4 options down, under Hidden Files, choose Show Hidden Files. Note, this change will allow you to see System Files and other things that are best not messed with, so you may want to undo this change after moving the file.

Quote from >How to install Mods for Fallout 3<

I had done that already before. The folder/files are not there.

It is like they don't even exist on my computer. I've done searches and stuff and still nothing.

But yet my DLC's still work.

Ah I see now. Thanks.

I'll try that out....

What do I do now?

This may help

Make sure you have "Show Hidden Files" checked off, or you won't be able to see the folder.

For XP:

You can make this change in any Windows Explorer window by going to Tools Menu, Folder Options, View Tab and about 4 options down, under Hidden Files, choose Show Hidden Files. Note, this change will allow you to see System Files and other things that are best not messed with, so you may want to undo this change after moving the file.

Quote from >How to install Mods for Fallout 3<

Ok here is another way to put this...

I am missing my XLive folder. Yes I had the box checked to show all hidden folders on as well.

Is there any way to get around this so I can use DLC made mods? This is getting very annoying that I am unable to use mods for my DLC stuff.

Look up "Games for windows live disabler" its a program that finds that hidden folder and moves your dlc's into your data folder

Now i have a question

All my dlc's are in my data folder but they don't show up on my FOMM load order or in the standard data order i already reinstalled FOMM reinstalled but that didn't help any one have any ideas

I am missing my XLive folder. Yes I had the box checked to show all hidden folders on as well.

Is there any way to get around this so I can use DLC made mods? This is getting very annoying that I am unable to use mods for my DLC stuff.

What system are you running?

If you go to documents\Appdata\local\microsoft\GFWlive\Downloads your dlc should be there. Try cutting and pasting to your main Fallout 3\DATA directory.

After that run Fallout Mod manager and try re aranging the load order to;

File Mod index

Fallout3.esm 01

Anchorage.esm 02

ThePitt.esm 03

BrokenSteel.esm 04

PointLookout.esm 05

Then it should work, Also you could check that you have archive invalidation (the toggle invalidation button 4th from bottom)

I have Win XP

What system are you running?

If you go to documents\Appdata\local\microsoft\GFWlive\Downloads your dlc should be there. Try cutting and pasting to your main Fallout 3\DATA directory.

After that run Fallout Mod manager and try re aranging the load order to;

File Mod index

Fallout3.esm 01

Anchorage.esm 02

ThePitt.esm 03

BrokenSteel.esm 04

PointLookout.esm 05

Then it should work, Also you could check that you have archive invalidation (the toggle invalidation button 4th from bottom)

I just did a search for all of the .esm's and out of those 5 listed below only the Fallout 3 one showed up. I probably have about around 5 of the Fallout3 esm's. The other 4 didn't show up in the search.

File Mod index

Fallout3.esm 01

Anchorage.esm 02

ThePitt.esm 03

BrokenSteel.esm 04

PointLookout.esm 05