Adjust Only Player Speed Permanently

SvalinnAsgard

I am looking for a mod that adjusts only the speed of the player. So far, the speed mods I have found affect every actor, and unfortunately, player.setav speedmult -100 does not work for me; I think it may be overridden by a mod.

I just want to throw a hardcoded speed for the player at the end of my load order, how can this be done?

Thank you.

Use modav instead of setav but do it like this:

Open console

Type "player.getav speedmult"

See what that number is, it is per cent so that 100 should be normal speed

Now type "player.modav speedmult 50"

This would increase your speed to 150 which is 1.5x normal speed, or you can reduce with a negative number

Using modav it's permanent but setav is temporary or it can even be overwritten by mod I believe.

Thanks for the replies everyone. Unfortunately, none of the console commands work; I tried setting speedmult to a ridiculous value (-500) and it had no effect. I verified it was set to -500 using getav.

BYOG is a cool mod, but it too had no effect despite being last in my load order. I am not sure why I cannot change this--the vast majority of my mods are for visuals.

Only two mods have worked so far, SkyrimSpeeds and Immersive Motion. However, SkyrimSpeeds changes every actor and Immersive Motion breaks a good number of my mods. In the end, I will probably disable those mods and just use Immersive Motion.

I am sorry, but I just have to ask why are you using negative values. Speedmult by default is positive 100, so to leave it as it is, use:

player.forceav speedmult 100

Once your base speed is set to positive 100, you can modify it my using positive values

player.modav speedmult 200 should do it no problem.

There are ways to create a mod using creation kit and papyrus, but that would just be a overkill to a simple problem.

edit: I have also seen that the speed mult comes in effect after sprint, so definetly give that a shot as well.

Edited by sabiusman

Are you actualy using negative values? or did you just replace the 'to' with '-' for this post. Because player.setav speedmult -500 should result in a syntax error, and you said that the changes are confirmed when you used getav, so either you just replaced 'to' with '-' for this post, or apparently it can be replaced in the command,

Negative values are accepted:

http://imageshack.com/a/img836/773/qfi3.jpg

In this case it is showing -400, but I swear it was -500 before. Either way, it is accepting ridiculous values.

Also, it does appear to work after sneaking or sprinting. Strangely, -400 results in crazy fast speeds.

Edited by SvalinnAsgard