Unarmed first person - huge fugly hands

NikiRandom

I'm working on a new build after many months off, and was dead chuffed to find that Improved Camera is now available for AE 640.

It all seems great, except for when I "equip" unarmed ... my hands are enormous and more than a little bit fugly. Has the game always looked like this? I've nearly always played combat in third person before, and rarely unarmed, but I don't recall it ever looking like this before.

I've installed CBBE 3BA and XPMSSE but aside from that my load order is so far more or less vanilla. After some googling, I tried downloading "Natural and Skinnier Hands" but it seems to make no difference. I can't find any Bodyslide sliders that seem relevant. I also tried running the game without Improved Camera.

Any comments/advice would be most welcome : )

You have my sympathies. I used to suffer from that all the time. spent roughly three years dealing with it. For me, it was a mod

So, without further adieu, and for what it's worth...

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/12655146-a-brief-moment-of-remembrance-for-lobster-hands/

if it ain't that, then I'm afraid I have no more answers.

Improved camera displays what exists in thirdd person but rendered for 1st person., that's one of its features, which implies the problem is in your third person hand mesh or something affecting that mesh. I don't *think that'd be Improved camera but tbh, I really don't know for sure. It's not the case under the version for 1.5.97

BTW, you're aware you can adjust the player's hands from within Racemenu too, right? (Body scales tab). I always reduce my female players' hands in size because they look like man hands TO ME otherwise at scale 1.0. I also adjust weapons scales (Racemenu weapon scale tab), and positioning too, but whatever

Anyway once I tweak any values in Racemenu I save a preset for my player so I can refer back to it later. (ex: I tweak "Harriet the beautiful but deadly giant killer" in Racemenu, then, once I'm done fiddling in Racemenu, I go to the preset tab and save the preset under a name like "Harriet"., If it was for player Layla, it'd be named ... Layla, and so on

Hi, thanks for the response : )

It definitely seems to be a CBBE thing. I did a quick test with vanilla body and first person hands look fine. Currently downloading some CBBE hands add-ons (adding extra Bodyslide sliders) to see if they help at all. Losing 3BA from my load order didn't fix it.

I didn't know that that was how Improved Camera works, interesting. Also a little confusing though as my third person CBBE hands look fine.

I couldn't find any hands sliders in Racemenu, just one for wrists which didn't seem to achieve much. I do save Racemenu presets. In fact I've had pretty much the same character for years and years now. One day she might even finish the main quest.

Typically, I'm probably going to spend hours/days trying to work this out, just to fix one small issue that rarely if ever appears in my game haha. I might never even have noticed it had I not found the new Improved Camera.

Edited by NikiRandom

Hmm... CBBE stock or CBBE-3BA?

Not sure if CBBE stock (ie, the original) provides that level of Racemenu support. I *presumed* you had either 3BA or BHUNP. Sorry about that. I think CBBE-3BA offers both hand and palm size. CBBE-3BBB, the variant I use, does.

Or... maybe the AE version of Improved Camera has an issue while in 1st person. I'd check its bugs and posts section. Might even have a patch, although I'm on Skryim 1.5.97 so I don't know.