SFSE - disable GPU/OS check?

SteveJobsLigma

Is it possible to bypass the OS check?

I am running Windows 10 1909 and have not updated it because windows update is annoying and I've done some other privacy related things to the OS (brace for incoming linux fanboys).

I've had other games like MW2 have an OS check as well, but a simple registry hack can bypass most of those, and MW2 thinks I am running a version of windows so new it doesn't even exist (2109).

Starfield requires at least 21H1, and while my other PC has 21H1, it's a little under specced and I am running 40fps most of the time at 1080p High (GPU bottleneck).

Is it possible to bypass this check with SFSE? If so, I may start learning how to do so.

I pre-ordered the game and can't even get full enjoyment out of it because Microsoft decided to implement this very asinine "buy updated windows or gtfo" policy you can bet will be in the next Forza and Halo.

Starfield was made by Bethesda- owned by Microsoft. Microsoft has pushed its Windows and Xbox tech into Starfield, which also means Xbox AMD tech (hence no DLSS, which I personally have no issue with given nvidia gameworks has been a cancer to this industry).

So... Starfield needs a version of Windows that supports directstorage and other new tech. Or 'needs' really means desires to promote new MS techs. And as a result Starfield is broken for many people when it need not be. It was broken for me (the hidden directstorage system) because I had an official NVMe controller chip driver, but the game needed the generic MS MVMe driver (without admitting this fact- directstorage has a toxic rep since its use in Forespoken so Starfield doesn't say the tech is in use.)

We are in a bad position. MS wants us to bend over and install the horrific Windows 11. Just be thankful Win11 wasn't a requirement for Starfield. But as for Windows 10, you'll have to update or forego the happy use of stuff from companies that bend the knee to MS, or are owned by MS.

you cant get full enjoyment because you wont update your OS.

Update it. Problem solved.

What an incredibly uneducated response

No, uneducated is turning off updates because they are annoying.... My machine updates maybe once a week, takes only a few minutes, and I generally just have it do it's updates when I shut down. (power, update and shut down.) You are three years behind on updates, which include SECURITY updates. Update your system. NOT doing so is just asking for trouble.