Game say I don't have enough space for saves

NetDigger

Given it tends to use your C drive for saves, and your C drive usually hosts your OS (Windows), you have MUCH bigger problems, my friend. You do not want you C drive to run out of space. You REALLY REALLY do not want your main Windows drive to run out of space.

There are ways to make space on your main drive- please Google them. If possible, move some non-essential files from the Windows drive to else-where. And in general running any type of drive, HDD or flash, to near zero capacity, is a bad idea.

Like any machine, your PC needs regular maintenance. Some warning messages are a timely reminder to do this NOW.

You are limited by the game on the amount of space all your save files can take up in total. Probably due to cloud storage with Gamepass/Steam. So over time as you play you have less and less total save capacity. I think currently in my first play through of 150 some odd hours with about 8 outposts storing tons of resources... I am limited to 43 saves or so.

Your only option is to go to save/load, scroll down, then delete all the old saves you're sure you don't need.

Though I guess you might also be able to just get rid of the problem by disabling cloud storage if you are able to.

Edited by kuaha

It is STRONGLY suggested that you turn off Cloud saves - because, as has been said, you are limited to a specific amount of space, and when that space fills up, saves will be automatically deleted - even if they are replaced by a different game. This has been seen time and time again by those using cloud saves - their saves get deleted and they lose game progress - or, in some cases, all the save for a game.