[Mod Request] Stealth skill advances from sneaking, not shooting

Zombra

I don't like that sneak attacks are the only way to get better at remaining undetected. Some of us like to use stealth to "ghost" through an area, in and out without a trace. A pile of dead bodies is not a clean job.

I'd like to see stealth skill ranks unlock from remaining undetected, something like "move past 20 different enemies without going into Danger" or "go from Cautious to Hidden against 20 different enemies", something like this, I don't know exactly what and I'm open to suggestions.

Bottom line, pressing the attack button shouldn't be a fundamental requirement of stealthy people.

Here's my suggestion: "remain hidden for a total of 1000 seconds while within 25 meters of any enemy" for rank 1 to 2, then 2500 seconds within 10 meters for 2 to 3, and 5000 seconds within 5 meters for 3 to 4. These times would not have to be all with the same enemy, they could be cumulative with different enemies, but adding an explanation of that might make the challenge description annoyingly long to read.

Here's my suggestion: "remain hidden for a total of 1000 seconds while within 25 meters of any enemy" for rank 1 to 2, then 2500 seconds within 10 meters for 2 to 3, and 5000 seconds within 5 meters for 3 to 4. These times would not have to be all with the same enemy, they could be cumulative with different enemies, but adding an explanation of that might make the challenge description annoyingly long to read.

If there is more than one enemy you are hiding from, does that accelerate the process? :D

I like that creative spirit, but I think it's better to have to sneak past multiple enemies. Otherwise you're encouraging folks to post up behind one crate and leave their keyboard for an hour.

Those time/distance scales look cool though :)

Edited by Zombra