[Question Answered] How to find ObjectID out of Reference ID/Selection

Majataka

So selecting objects in console reveals their Reference ID.
I.e. selecting a crate says STAT " (FF08E3EC)
Going for "help ______ 4 stat/misc/furn/...." reveals their Object ID/FormID if you know the name of what you're looking for.
I would like to know a way to get the Object ID/FormID from the selected object.
placethere, placeatme, pt requires Object ID/FormID, however SpawnDupe spaws the duplicate of selected object without any Object ID/FormID input.

Any ideas?

Edited by Majataka

Guest deleted190390914

What you are asking is "if I have the Form ID of an ObjectReference, how do I get the Form ID of its base object?"

Currently, the easiest way to do that is to use xEdit. You can look up the Ref ID and it will take you to the record for that reference, and in there you will find the Base record ID.

Note that if you are looking for the base ID of something that can be put in inventory, you can always pick up the item, put it in a container or give it to an NPC, and run the "showinventory" command on the container. That will list every item in the container by name and base ID.

There isn't an official release of xEdit out yet, but you can get early release builds of it on the xEdit discord. There is a link to the Discord invite on the xEdit web page.

Edited by EgoBallistic

What you are asking is "if I have the Form ID of an ObjectReference, how do I get the Form ID of its base object?"

Currently, the easiest way to do that is to use xEdit. You can look up the Ref ID and it will take you to the record for that reference, and in there you will find the Base record ID.

Note that if you are looking for the base ID of something that can be put in inventory, you can always pick up the item, put it in a container or give it to an NPC, and run the "showinventory" command on the container. That will list every item in the container by name and base ID.

There isn't an official release of xEdit out yet, but you can get early release builds of it on the xEdit discord. There is a link to the Discord invite on the xEdit web page.

Thank you so much for this. This is exactly what I was looking for. I was looking for the Form IDs of base objects as you wrote.

For anyone who might find this useful. Selecting an object i.e. a Fuel Cart in New Atlantis gave this FormID 0008E870 in the game console. Typing it into xEdit revealed the name and base object ID OpiExtFuelCart01 [sTAT:0007BCC1]

Typing pt 0007BCC1 in the game console will place the fuel cart where the crosshair is pointing. This may and will become useful for adding more interesting objects into the outpost builder. For the time being the placed object can be manipulated using these commands

Edited by Majataka

You can get the BaseForm of any ingame object with SKK Global Console Script GetInfo function:

SKK_ConsoleUtilityScript.GetInfo Object [sQ_Airlock_InsideVolumeScript < (FF006560)>]
SKK_ConsoleUtilityScript.GetInfo BaseObject [Form < (00144F86)>]
SKK_ConsoleUtilityScript.GetInfo Is3dLoaded true
SKK_ConsoleUtilityScript.GetInfo GetPositionX -519
SKK_ConsoleUtilityScript.GetInfo GetPositionY -427
SKK_ConsoleUtilityScript.GetInfo GetPositionZ 9
SKK_ConsoleUtilityScript.GetInfo GetCurrentPlanet [Planet < (0003F59B)>]
SKK_ConsoleUtilityScript.GetInfo IsInSpace false
SKK_ConsoleUtilityScript.GetInfo IsInInterior false
SKK_ConsoleUtilityScript.GetInfo GetWorldSpace [WorldSpace <PolvoPlanetWorld262119208846903584 (FF00453E)>]
SKK_ConsoleUtilityScript.GetInfo GetParentCell [Cell <SettleHopeTownLandingPad02 (0008BE31)>]
SKK_ConsoleUtilityScript.GetInfo GetCurrentLocation [Location <SettleHopeTownLocation (00016027)>]
SKK_ConsoleUtilityScript.GetInfo LocTypeShip false
SKK_ConsoleUtilityScript.GetInfo LocTypeShipInterior false
SKK_ConsoleUtilityScript.GetInfo Player Distance 0
SKK_ConsoleUtilityScript.GetInfo Player Bearing 226
You can not get this information for in game spawned (FF...) objects from xEdit as the object doesnt exist in the ESM/ESP static databases, only the savegame virtual machine.

You can get the BaseForm of any ingame object with SKK Global Console Script GetInfo function:

SKK_ConsoleUtilityScript.GetInfo Object [sQ_Airlock_InsideVolumeScript < (FF006560)>]
You can not get this information for in game spawned (FF...) objects from xEdit as the object doesnt exist in the ESM/ESP static databases, only the savegame virtual machine.

Great utility tool. The command returns what I needed. Just got to get around configuring Papyrus logging settings later as I only need the output from your commands instead of the warnings and errors. Thank you

• 1 month later...

This SKK_ConsoleUtilityScript.GetInfo BaseObject [Form < (########)>] worked great to get the object! But do you have any idea about if it has a texture on it? The base ID I used here is the floor I want, but the floor has a wood texture. Using player.placeatme 00195D78 1 I can get the floor, but it's default texture, and if I `spawndupe` it does keep that texture, but once I restart the game it reloads and defaults to base texture.

Edited by Azhtral