Browser hijacking warning on Nexus!

WhoGuru

I've just had my browser hijacked twice in the last ten minutes. Both times immediately after navigating to a Nexus page and both times I was forced to use the Task Manager to kill the browser.

I've run a virus check. Doesn't appear anything dire has made it through my firewalls but that my browser got hijacked at all means you guys may have a problem. :confused: I just wanted to give you a heads up on this. It seems to only be happening on the download pages as I had no problem when loading the forums here.

Hope it's nothing serious but I'll be steering clear of the Nexus download pages for a bit I think. :(

~Red

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can verify, same thing happened to me as well while navigating the downloads section, browser got hijacked, then crashed and I had to task manager out. :unsure:

Hope it isn't anything serious... :ermm:

Not me. I am already using FireFox. So, not that simple to explain it away. Sorry to ruin your moment of genius. :biggrin: And I'm a bit irritated by the whole thing as I use Nexus quite a bit not only to download but to host my mods as well.

I'd like an explanation of what happened and if it will soon be sorted so I don't have to worry about having to kill my browser with the task manager before something nasty takes over my computer.

Can you tell me which files pages are causing the problem and which browser you are using please?

Tes NExus or Fallout 3 of both sites?

I'm using FireFox. I was on the Oblivion Download pages. The first page I went to was the blocked page for Leyawiin Reborn and the second was my own download page for Valus Cottage.

:thanks:

What addons are you running in firefox, and what plugins......did you browser freeze or were you redirected?

I use Firefox and the pages I was browsing when I got waylaid were the cooking range by barabus and the search results page after searching for "Japanese" :pinch:

I only use TES Nexus, not FO3 Nexus.

[EDIT] Keeping up with your questions as well: I am running no add-ons and I have the Adobe Acrobat, Java, Quicktime, and Shockwave plugins. My screen sort of froze, then went black, then crashed to desktop (sort of, the browser didn't close it hung on Nexus) then my desktop crashed to black. I pulled up the manager and ended the session with Nexus by force and things went back to normal.

I was redirected both times to a bogus site claiming my PC was infected and that it was running a scan. I couldn't close the page. A "warning" pop up forced FF to freeze and stay open and in the end, I had to use the task manager both times to close it.

I'm really using just basic plug ins in my browser. Nothing fancy. Adobe Acrobat, Java, Quicktime, Real Player, Shockwave. That's about it really. To answer one of the next spate of questions: No, I have not changed anything in my browser today or indeed in the last month at least.