Steam Community not working with Oblivion after reinstall

SidewinderNL

Ok I know there are a ton of this sort of topics scattered throughout the forum and the web but I have not found any that offered a solution for my problem.

so basically i have reinstalled oblivion a few days ago and reinstalled a lot of mods again. most work with the nexus mod manager and for the exceptions i work around it with ObMM (i got no experience with wyre bash)

So now i have had little problems with the actual instalations of mods but I noticed OBSE is not working, this turns out to be caused by the steam community not activating ingame (no overlay, no notifications, no pop up at the start)

The confusing bit is that unlike others who experienced this problem I have my steam is installed in a different part of my hard drive than my C disk and program files, both in general settings and the game settings i have the steam community ingame enabled and even the suggested older OBSE loader is not working (i keep checking with OBSE test and the getOBSEversion command and no success)

so does anyone have an idea what could be blocking my steam in oblivion?

Sorry, missed that part. Have you had any luck getting an answer from Steam? Also what is the exact path to your Steam install (just thinking perhaps you've installed in a folder outside of Program Files but not outside of UACs protected domain)?

my steam is installed on a diferent partition of the hard disk, so I'm pretty suce it isn't anywhere near program files. I haven't contacted steam yet so I'll give that a try, from what i've seen so far this has also happened after a reinstal so it might be something they can solve.

The reason I asked about the exact install location is that often I've seen people move the install location to a subfolder of the Users folder ... still UAC protected. The recommended folder for Steam and then the game is C:\Games.