Mod Request: 1.5x faster perk points when leveling

neogunhero

This is like a mod I used on the Xbox version of Skyrim, I cannot find a link to it.

The mod was: every time you leveled up to an even-numbered level, you were granted 2 perk points instead of just 1.

Right now, IMO Starfields leveling is too slow. You can sleep and eat XP boosting foods but it only goes for so long. I dont want to cheat and give me extra points or unlock all at once. Getting 2 points every two levels is more immersive and does not break the game.

If anyone can make this please do!!!

I sure hope so, I may be one of very few who will want to use a mod like that or configure SFSE to do that but to me its the best mix between cheating and playing vanilla. It offers a small boost, only once every two levels, and overall makes these games more fun for me.

I always just used XP multiplier mods but cranked the difficulty up to compensate.

Bethsoft games have a lot of time consuming grind -- and they're single player -- so I mod and play them however I please and if it's "cheating" so be it

But to each their own. I'm sure we'll get a mod like this eventually. There are already XP multiplier mods out there if you want to go that route.

I always just used XP multiplier mods but cranked the difficulty up to compensate.

Bethsoft games have a lot of time consuming grind -- and they're single player -- so I mod and play them however I please and if it's "cheating" so be it

But to each their own. I'm sure we'll get a mod like this eventually. There are already XP multiplier mods out there if you want to go that route.

That's actually a reasonable idea in the interim. I also see mods that alter the 'curve' for level progression. I suspect those though, wouldn't work well on an already existing game..... and I have quite few hours invested in my level 50 toon. :D

• 3 weeks later...

What I would actually like are much more difficult challenges uncoupled from levels.

So completing each challenge auto levels up the skill.

Perhaps initial skill unlocking and skill mastery with corresponding quests.

Normal skillpoints from xp then redundant could be used on companions to share and improve skills you have mastered.