Mod Request - Abandon Quest

DismemberTheAlamo

I know nothing of the work it takes to make a mod, so I know any request cannot be considered a "small one".

That being said, one of the things this game is poorly lacking is the ability to drop or abandon a quest. Many of the activities you get from hearing people talk on the street are nice, but you get no option to decline them and they can really clutter up the log.

Is there any way it can be made where you can abandon a quest, but still have it added to the log if you come across that dialogue again (or talk to the NPC)?
It doesnt even have to save progress, just poof gone (for now)

• 3 weeks later...

I second this request, and if the reddit threads and YT comments are anything to go by, so do thousands of other players. I don't know if this requires whatever mod pack they're releasing next year to do, or if it can be done now, but it can't come soon enough.

I will third this request. The mechanic is already in-game, as you can drop quests you pick up from mission boards. (like 'destroy the crimson fleet in the Krypt system.... you know, where there are literally DOZENS of ships???? Yeah, that's not gonna happen....) It's likely just a binary on the quest on if you get that option or not.

I endorse this request,

Skyrim has a mod called "Hide quests", and Fallout 4 has a list of quests that you can use the control console to complete. I use a small mode that limits the distance that a NPC can interupt you to give you the quest, I have it set at 5 feet however I still get a list of "Activities" and "Faction" quests by the end of a play through. You get a lot of quest markers when you are out and about that clutter up your watch and the bounce around the screen. (It seems that the 'only show active quests' is ignored for some quests.)

Skyrim Hide quest is out dated and not available for Skyrim AE as far as I know (don't play it): https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/50125

Fallout 4 list: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/7396

I looked at the "completequest" command for the quest "No Sudden Moves" but it would not move the quest to completed nor would the follower stop following, when part ways command was sellected there was an error: Mission not complete.

Hopefully someone that knows more about the quest system will either give us some help or make a list / mod to clean the unwanted quests out...

+1

Edited by Joker40001