[Mod Request] Mission Sorter and Queue

Chanman2424

Hello Everyone,

I believe a mod that would gain popularity quickly and be extremely useful would be the ability to sort missions. Below are a couple ideas I have for the mod...

1. Sort all missions by location | Having the ability to sort the missions by on a system and/or planet would make things much more time efficient. I think a good start would be just where the mission begins, but I think the best version would be to update the location based on the current objective.

2. Sort all missions by time: another good option could be the ability to sort the missions by the time it was received. This way you can complete missions based on when you received it.

3. Mission queue | Once you have the ability to sort missions, adding a queue feature would be great as well. You could select up "X" amount of missions and once you have completed the active mission, the next one begins.

Edited by Chanman2424

Obvious mod is obvious! And there is no need to describe an obvious mod, since the people capable of making such a mod WILL make it when doing so is possible.

I would point out that all the systems, not just the mission log system, are utterly terrible in the base game, and that over-hauling just about everything will be an early modding goal, requiring frameworks and tools. This begins in earnest when the official tools release early 2024.

Skyrim and Fallout had worthwhile games associated with them. Starfield is a travesty. So there's no argument that with Starfield, the house needs to be demolished and rebuilt. The mission system is very much a key part of this- I mean given that many modders are going to craft entire planet gameworlds, and will want full integration of their new missions into the player's game, a good clever mission system as a framework for everyone to use will be essential.

I want the ability to Decline Missions. You can do so for the ones you get from the various mission boards after all. Some of them, like a couple on Neon, I don't want to do, but, I also don't want them cluttering my missions menu for all time either.....