Can´t open .dds files

Joro

Hey!
I can´t seem to open .dds files neither in Photoshop or Gimp!
The error message i get when opening one is that it is unsupported. I have tried 2 plugins for Photoshop and still not working.
Gimp users says "Use Intels plugin in gimp". I am new with gimp and cant find the right settings..
I never had this problem with Fallout 4 or Skyrim..

Please help! :)

What tool are you using to extract the files? I am asking because older versions of BAE did not extract some textures correctly.

If the file was extracted correctly, Photoshop should be able to open any Starfield DDS file using the Intel plugin.

GIMP does not support BC7 and other newer DDS formats.

As far as I know, the DDS formats used by Starfield should be similar to the ones used in Fallout 4.

You could also try opening the file in Paint.NET, but if the Intel plugin cannot read the file Paint.NET probably cannot read it either.

The Intel plugin and Paint.NET's DDS plugin use the same Microsoft library for reading DDS files (DirectXTex).

What tool are you using to extract the files? I am asking because older versions of BAE did not extract some textures correctly.

If the file was extracted correctly, Photoshop should be able to open any Starfield DDS file using the Intel plugin.

GIMP does not support BC7 and other newer DDS formats.

As far as I know, the DDS formats used by Starfield should be similar to the ones used in Fallout 4.

You could also try opening the file in Paint.NET, but if the Intel plugin cannot read the file Paint.NET probably cannot read it either.

The Intel plugin and Paint.NET's DDS plugin use the same Microsoft library for reading DDS files (DirectXTex).

Cheers Paint.net worked for me!