Is there a compatibility list of mods?

Qionah

Hi,

Is there a list of compatible mods that run allong just fine without any CTD's or freezes that make its look nice & immersive?

No. The closest thing to that would be if people posted their loadorder.txt after sorting with BOSS and running the various patchers (Boss, ReProccer, Dual Sheath etc) and can confirm that they have had no (or very few) problems after playing for 50 to 100 hours. But at most that would be 255 out of 11,000 mods.

If you only want immersive, game-play things, and do not want major overhauls, major rules changes, quests, crafting and magick mods etc, you could have a look at GEMS. It lists mods that do just that, like STEP lists only Graphics mods.

But with graphics mods (mesh and texture replacers) you have to be careful:

a) not to overload your system with very high definition things, like 4 k textures etc.

b) you do not have too many that overwrite certain elements of each other, EG, several vanilla armour and weapon re-textures

The STEP guide should be good for that. Also, where some graphics mods overwrite only parts of each other, using NMM can apparently help with that, install them in the correct order and also uninstall them and replace what was changed.

I do not use NMM or STEP personally, but this is what I read.

~.~

Sadly no such list really exists, the closest thing you'll get to that is STEP core, but even then it depends very much on your system specs, and various other factors.

Hi,

Is there a list of compatible mods that run allong just fine without any CTD's or freezes that make its look nice & immersive?

No. The closest thing to that would be if people posted their loadorder.txt after sorting with BOSS and running the various patchers (Boss, ReProccer, Dual Sheath etc) and can confirm that they have had no (or very few) problems after playing for 50 to 100 hours. But at most that would be 255 out of 11,000 mods.

If you only want immersive, game-play things, and do not want major overhauls, major rules changes, quests, crafting and magick mods etc, you could have a look at GEMS. It lists mods that do just that, like STEP lists only Graphics mods.

But with graphics mods (mesh and texture replacers) you have to be careful:

a) not to overload your system with very high definition things, like 4 k textures etc.

b) you do not have too many that overwrite certain elements of each other, EG, several vanilla armour and weapon re-textures

The STEP guide should be good for that. Also, where some graphics mods overwrite only parts of each other, using NMM can apparently help with that, install them in the correct order and also uninstall them and replace what was changed.

I do not use NMM or STEP personally, but this is what I read.

~.~

My specs are:

AMD FX-9590

AMD R9 290x

16GB

The rest is irrelevant I guess.

Ow even have Skyrim installed on an SSD.

I think that should handle anything that is out there.

I mean I could even run the game on high-ultra stats on my old computer

Intel Dual Core 6600

AMD/ATI Radeon HD5800

2GB

I have a list of mods I would love to see here

I have been trying with several stuff but somehow my game always tends to freeze after some hours.

Or even CTD when I use elfx.

I run always run BOSS before each start up with added mods.

EVE TESEDIT doesn't encounter anything.

So I just wonder why I see people with awesome pictures and videos that can play without issues.

And why can't I with a high end system.

So either I am doing something wrong when modding which I doubt since I follow every step in detail.

Or NMM is causing issues.

Or the mods are just incompatible at all.

I also wonder why mods not list what files are being overwritten so someone with common sense could better tell

what mod to install and what mod not.

Or at least have a logical way of knowing in what order to install mods just by looking at the files being overwritten.

Sigh... I just want a beautiful immersive skyrim :(

That would be nigh impossible to create. There are thousands of mods, and probably billions of possible combinations. Your best bet is to avoid getting mods affecting the same thing, and to text yourself, and check the compatibility section of each mod.