Whats up with Female character mods?

CrustyJuggler

it would still be very odd to have Nova hanging around in Moriarty's Saloon in full power armor...

You know, I have to agree. It wouldn't make it any easier to chat her up. I was just being contrary. That is one place where it would be entirely appropriate to mod her with the sexiest outfit available.

I think all of yoose guise are veering off-topic a little bit.

OP wasn't arguing that Nova or whoever should be dressed in power armor, but that mods that add animu girls in school uniforms and green hair are ridiculous in a fallout setting. I think stuff in the vein of merc charmer outfits (the clothing that nova wears) is what he prefers in a wasteland setting. sexy/beautiful/whatever =/= bubblegum and tutu outfits with ribbons in the hair.

Speaking of which, most of that crap is just spillage that's crossed over from Oblivion, where at least that type of stuff kinda fitted into the setting.

the thing is, I don't think anyone is really takeing this conversation seriously at all...

because seriously, people can make what they want and if you don't like it you don't have to download it, that is the very deffinition of modding videogames

but anyways

wouldn't power armor need some kind of energy to keep it running, and in that case, wouldn't it be a good idea to not be wearing armor whenever you are sitting around the Citadel or Tenpenny Tower and stuff, simply to conserve on energy which is scarce in a post apocolyptic wasteland?

the thing is, I don't think anyone is really takeing this conversation seriously at all...

because seriously, people can make what they want and if you don't like it you don't have to download it, that is the very deffinition of modding videogames

but anyways

wouldn't power armor need some kind of energy to keep it running, and in that case, wouldn't it be a good idea to not be wearing armor whenever you are sitting around the Citadel or Tenpenny Tower and stuff, simply to conserve on energy which is scarce in a post apocolyptic wasteland?

Well... considering you don't need to use the bathroom at all, I figure power armour that doesn't require recharging is the least "non-immersive" of the the two. Back when I played Morrowind I usually always changed clothes when entering a town, but Fallout just doesn't give me the same feel - maybe it's because the civilized areas are so small and inconsequential or the fact that you can't mix and match your gear as you please, but it's just not the same.

What were we talking about again?

...because the image of a super mutant, a ghoul, and two dogs following a blonde pig-tailed girl in a sailor suit (seifuku for the otaku) like she's the second coming of christ, not to mention actually foiling the Enclave's plot, outwitting a super computer, and surviving the wastes better than most adults in general is, quite frankly, hilarious. :D (ok, I don't have Charon yet, but only because I've been lazy)

Someone else also mentioned climate. I've been to DC. It's not hot like Texas or Arizona. It's HUMID (perhaps worse than Houston even). After a full day of running around dodging and killing the various baddies of the wastes in your power armor, you'd be swimming in sweat. Hell, after a full day of all that, you'd be soaking in sweat no matter what you wore. You might even be better off in the power armor, assuming it has (and it should) some sort of active cooling mecahnism.

as for "triple F tits"....i wish there were such a mod.

Yikes. Hyooj boobs are scareh! *hides*