Skyrim wont start!

medlefang

Ok so I recently got a new computer and when I try to play skyrim. It starts the launcher, I hit play, it shows a black windowed mode screen and it instantly crashes! I need help ASAP!

Processor: Intel i7

Videocard: Intel HD graphics and Nvidia Geforce.

RAM: 8Gb

I have windows 8 and the hearthfire exspansion.

To verify with Steam:

Right click the steam Icon in your system tray. (Wherever the hell that is in horrible windows 8)

Click the top option for The Elder ScrollsV : Skyrim

When the window loads click Options

Your graphics adapter is listed at the top (You can modify this as a drop down)

You may also want to verify that you have all the proper files installed

Right click Steam

Choose Library

Select Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on the left (Right Click)

Select Properties

In properties select Local Files

Select Verify Integrity of game Cache

This should verify files and download any files that might be missing.

Also, using windows 8 I would recommend launching Skyrim from whatever the desktop style mod is. I absolutely despise windows 8. It's built for tablets, not computers. I can't tell you how to enable this mode.

First guess - you tried to copy the game from the old computer to the new one - That doesn't work. Just go to your steam account using the new computer and allow it to install - Takes a while, :rolleyes: Then install SKSE and any other 3rd party programs as well as NMM as many of those don't copy properly either. Be sure to start the vanilla game to allow it to create an ini file for your new hardware ( using the old ini can cause problems)

You can then copy the saved games and data folder from the old game to the new one. :thumbsup: