Looking for (an instant) System / Planets scan mod

dosedela

Hello everyone.

I've never been a huge fan of mini games in almost every game ... Cyperpunk, skyrim, mass effect ... I just hate them lol.

And lets admit Beth is a serious competitors in the most boring mini games category ... So this time I'm looking for something to take care of the painful planetary scans. I mean the one when you are in your ship, map opened with the star and planets.

You must know the hell sequence,
scan a planet > zoom in (even worse) > zoom out repeat .... I haven't found anything yet, do you know if some mod able to one shot or improve these scans exist ?

Thank you for help

I'm not sure what you mean, do you mean the fact that you have to travel within orbit of a planet to use the scanner in the star map or do you mean something else?

As for actually surveying a planet, you need to land on it and explore the various biomes.

Hi, thank you for asking.

I'm looking for a mod for the first kind of scan you describe. In my example, we just discovered Lantana system, and I want to scan every planet in this system.

01.jpg

We are in our ship, map opened as you can see on the screen shot. From there, I want to scan each planets of the system (shortcut = key A). After I press A for a second or so, the game zooms in, making the process awful. Then I press TAB to zoom out and after that A to scan the second planet etc. ZZZzzzZZZ and I'm dying lol

If at least we could avoid that stupid zoom in between each scan, that would be a good improvement.

Edited by dosedela

In my experience if you're not close enough to the planet/moon then "Scan Unavailable" will be there and you won't be able to scan the planet/moon until you get closer to it. I imagine it'll be necessary to have the Creation Kit before you can make a mod that removes the scanning distance limit such that you can scan the entire system at once.

Oh I see, you talk about the Astrophysics skill.

AP.jpg

I may mistake myself, but from the few I know, I don't think it's a real limitation of an hypothetical mod.

For instance https://www.nexusmods.com/starfield/mods/4510 , Recolored Scanner Outlines, The purple color will only display if you have the skill level at 4.

In brief, here are 2 things I'd like to see modded :

- No more zoom in animation after scan activation

- This may be more difficult to achieve, but an instant key to do the scan. In the current state of the game you have to press the A key for 1 second ... Again, awful

Edited by dosedela