Game crashes when entering old town

Kancelas22

Hi, I bought Dying Light on Steam when it was on sale a week ago. I noticed the game could use some TLC on some aspects, so i decided to mod the game on my first playthrough. Just a handful of mods, like Bigger and brighter flashlight, custom weapons pack, no lockpicking (since i have no feedback on what works, besides a shaky lockpick i think this is a vital mod), infinite grappling, no intro video, checking watch and better ragdoll system, among other. Playing in the slums is just fine but as soon as i fast travel to the old town, the game crashes the loading screen after i press to continue. Does anyone have/had this problem? What fixed it?

• 1 month later...

I had this same issue, I play on a Macbook Air so I can't really download multiple mods, but if you know how to repack all the mods you've downloaded then you're set. BE SURE TO BACK UP YOUR GAME BEFORE DOING THIS. You can back up the game by right-clicking it, click on properties and then click on "Installed Files", and then click on "Backup Game Files". Just go into Steam, right-click the game, and then click on Browse all files. Go into every folder, and delete everything. That's literally just it. Not the individual folders themselves, but their contents. Then, delete Dying Light, then Reinstall it. The game automatically replaces all the base-game files, but not the mod files, and it reorganizes itself so the issue making your game crash is gone. Yes, you'll have to reinstall all your mods, but your game is now fixed.