Load Order and/or Deploy Order

Faffenbach

I've found a couple threads on the topic but nothing that seems to answer. Using Vortex (yeah I know) and Steam. It appears that Vortex is just deploying the mods in alphabetical order. Is it still the case that "last mod wins"? If so, for example, having the Atlantis Shipyard All Parts-CCR mod deploy before the actual CCR mod means it won't work right? Short answer: the shipyard parts mod is not working for me, and this is the only thing I can figure out. The "Manage Rules" tab just says there are no conflicts and all the buttons are grayed out, so you can't go in and make changes there.

I have numerous mods installed and running, most seem to do what they're supposed to, but not all (for example, I still also can't get VBB to work, but it seems like that might be a Vortex thing too).

So, is this just a side-effect of using Vortex, the fact that all of this is still so new and we're learning Bethesda's changes, or is there something else I'm missing? Thanks from the n00b.

Thanks yeah - I've seen those videos. Bear in mind I've been running Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3 and Cyberpunk 2077 via Vortex without problems. None of those videos appear to address load order (which was an important component of the aforementioned games). I know one of the issues we've been facing has been that things that always worked for previous Bethesda titles don't necessarily apply here, so I was just wondering if there was a specific solution I was missing. Thanks again!

CCR is a dll plugin for SFSE, right? If so, it loads with the game exe, it is essentially load order independent. (same goes for all dll mods.)

At this point, I don't trust Vortex. It really doesn't know what to do with starfield mods yet... so, I install everything manually, and "It just works.". :D

CCR is a dll plugin for SFSE, right? If so, it loads with the game exe, it is essentially load order independent. (same goes for all dll mods.)

At this point, I don't trust Vortex. It really doesn't know what to do with starfield mods yet... so, I install everything manually, and "It just works.". :D

Thanks, that makes sense!