Oblivion, Take Three

endgamecutter

or...atleast I think its take three...take four maybe?... whatever, three sounds better

Anyway, this is the third time I've picked up oblivion, so I figure its time I try something different than the classic heavy armored warrior. I'm tired of only using blade, block, heavy armor and armorer whenever I play, so I ask you, what character types have you found fun to play? What skills did you use, why, and any tips you'd suggest for that role. Thanks in advance...and if theres a certain mod or two you used to make the experience entirely different (i'm talking about deadly reflex or midas magic, not dual wield or a cool suit of armor) Please mention it.

Download these mods.

Vaults of Cyrodil

Theives Arsenal

AllPlus5Attributes

Then

Set the difficulty slider 10 ticks to the right.

Create a Theif character with...

Security

Sneak

Acrobatics

Athletics

Marksman

Blade

Light Armor

Favors

Agilty

Endurance

Your set to go.

I have Two Class I like to play as:

A wood elf Thief

blade

sneak

athletics

acrobatics

alchemy

illusion

born under the sign of the Thief

(Just the basics).

And a high elf wizard (favorite class, also really over powered in OOO)

block

destruction

conjuration

alchemy

athletics

restoration

also, I think (not so good memory) alteration

I liked playing with the thief until the quick travail stopped working

And polished off the shivering Isles with the mage. Hopes it helps :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I think it is easiest to be a battle-mage or spellsword. I have tried to play a few other ways though:

A mage who thinks weapons are not cool. A true mage would only use magic and never actually touch enemies. You wouldn't want blood or dirt on you!

A battle-mage who caught phorpyric hemophilia in the first dungeon he ever raided. He was already a vampire by the time he rescued Martin. But he was a character with a good alignment, and felt bad about being a vampire. (I played with a rule that vampirism was incurable.) He then completed the main quest as a vampire. It was hard when he had to talk to people who were only available during the day.

A barbarian who hates crowds and cities. Hardly ever went to town to sell loot. Made piles of it in caves. Would not spend the night in town.

A warrior who is allergic to magic. He will use restoration spells, but no other spells. He will not use enchanted weapons, jewelry, or armor. He will not engage in alchemy, although he will drink potions. (About the hardest character I ever played.)

A nightblade who is a cleptomanic and went straight to the Shivering Isles before he had a chance to buy a lot of spells or equipment. He went to the Shivering Isles and has never returned.

A spellsword who lives in Bravil and doesn't want to travel to distant places, so he has visited every single location on that part of the map.

I like to be a trickster that uses magic and stealth.

A thief

A wandering martial artist

A white mage (use companions to fight for me while i heal and buff them. pretty fun)

Demonic magic person thingy

Right now I'm playing as a demonic bard that travels around acting as a detective. I have another save where i have a spear wielding girl fromt he dessert. I'm kind of waiting/hoping for better clothes to fit her style. No one seems to be interested to making eqyption style armor, lo.