Under Saarthal Quest Not Starting

GentleLite

I completed first lesson for the mages guild. This is when I learned the ward and I have to put up the ward spell while he hits me and then we are asked to move to Saarthal.

I get the quest complete for that one, but the next one doesn't start.

Of course, I looked this up and tried the following console commands:

setstage MG01 200
Exit console, does the next quest start? If not use these

startquest MG02
setstage MG02 0

Exit console, does the quest procedd? If not try this one last command
setstage MG02 10

I even tried teleporting the NPC to Saarthal. No luck.

I was told to attempt to kill the students (a round about method) but I shouldn't have to do all that.

I do have the unofficial skyrim patch and it said that the patch is suppose to fix this but it doesn't. I"m on SE, not AE.

Trying to get this to work is just making me sick + headache.....

Is there like a older version of the unofficial skyrim se that can get me past this?
checked Nexus, there doesn't seem to be a dedicated resolution/mod fix/patch for this.
Steam forums mentions the same console cmds

wiki mentions attempting all these tricks such as killing an ally, do this, do that, etc. It also mentions the console.

I've seen a few incompatible mods which I don't have installed. About to give up.

I need a favor from anyone reading this. Start a new game with alternate start. go guild path, college of winterhold. run inside (no need to listen to arcano's and her conversation outside) listen to the lecture inside, and let me know if it completes that quest and starts the next one.

weather it works or it doesn't, let me know and also let me know if you are running Se or AE

AFAIK, the Unofficial Patch team only supports the latest AE build. If you are on 1.5xx version, you will probably have to beg for a copy for the older version of it. I don't remember which version of the Unofficial Patch worked with the SE version. Also, I don't think that passing deprecated files around is appreciated by the team.

AFAIK, the Unofficial Patch team only supports the latest AE build. If you are on 1.5xx version, you will probably have to beg for a copy for the older version of it. I don't remember which version of the Unofficial Patch worked with the SE version. Also, I don't think that passing deprecated files around is appreciated by the team.

No worries there, I have the unofficial patch version 5.04 that works for my current version of skyrim se 1.5. I never deleted it off my backup. It's just not fixing this bug.

• 3 weeks later...