ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Baldurs Gate 3 not reading mods after the latest Vortex update

TymIoo
Go to solution Solved by insomnious,

Do you have pak files in the Mods folder that weren't put there by Vortex?

Thanks,

insomnious

Yes, I did. I just took note as to what each of them were, so I could let Vortex install them later after performing those steps.

Same error here. Was working before the update, now it's broken.

Uninstalled Vortex and re-installed with no luck.

TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'id')
    at C:\Users\nchel\AppData\Roaming\Vortex\plugins\Vortex Extension Update - Baldur's Gate 3 v1.3.7\loadOrder.js:122:36
    at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
    at C:\Users\nchel\AppData\Roaming\Vortex\plugins\Vortex Extension Update - Baldur's Gate 3 v1.3.7\loadOrder.js:119:23
    at Generator.next (<anonymous>)
    at fulfilled (C:\Users\nchel\AppData\Roaming\Vortex\plugins\Vortex Extension Update - Baldur's Gate 3 v1.3.7\loadOrder.js:28:58)
    at tryCatcher (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\util.js:16:23)
    at Promise._settlePromiseFromHandler (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:547:31)
    at Promise._settlePromise (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:604:18)
    at Promise._settlePromise0 (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:649:10)
    at Promise._settlePromises (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\promise.js:729:18)
    at _drainQueueStep (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:93:12)
    at _drainQueue (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:86:9)
    at Async._drainQueues (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:102:5)
    at Async.drainQueues (C:\Program Files\Black Tree Gaming Ltd\Vortex\resources\app.asar\node_modules\bluebird\js\release\async.js:15:14)

Edit: This fixed it for me:

• Close Vortex
  • Goto %AppData%\Local\Larian Studios\Baldur's Gate 3\Mods
  • Delete everything in that folder
  • Open Vortex and Deploy Mods
  • goto Load Order and reorder your mods (they'll be ordered alphabetically)
  • Umm.. profit I guess?!?

Doing the above steps helped me with the same problem. They only thing I did differently was First to Purge all the mods in Vortex, ran Steam's file verification (no difference's found). Then opening the location as above, taking note first to identify as to which mods were NOT controlled by Vortex. You will see "symlink" when they are controlled. deleted the files/folders in the mods folder, as per instructions above, Opened Vortex and deployed the mods, checked load order, mods were there. Installed the mods identified earlier that were NOT installed via Vortex. Loaded my save game and now playing as normal.

This worked for me!

>Purged first

(The mod was (Show approval rating)

Then did the remaining steps. It's too bad, the mod was working perfectly fine before.

The issue still persist and I don't really want to delete - re-deploy at every slight mod update etc... the sense of Vortex is modding with less manuality if you don't want it. Hopefully you guys will find the Id issue, until then I think we're kinda forced to go full manual with bg3 manager.

Despite having all the mods deployed all the mods in the Larian Studios Mods folder, the game still doesn't read them. I'm not sure if this could be related but Vortex also has a problem with "Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'id') despite having purged and deployed mods multiple times. Is there anything I can do to fix that?

This is what I did to fix this issue and it worked for me. Open Vortex and purge the mods. Close Vortex, Open Steam and run File Validation for BG3,(when I did this no issues found). Then open Mods folder in (username) Apps.. Local..Lorian... Mod Folder Delete everything in the mods folder.(not the folder itself) If you installed any mods manually in this folder it will NOT have "symlink" showing, The ones that DO Not show this symlink, you will need to download and let Vortex install them (ignore any mod author that says to manually install it. Once everything in the Mods folder is deleted (Again..Do not delete the folder itself). Open Vortex and deploy mods and install any mods that were previously identified as NOT symlink showing. Your game should run fine, if your save says missing mods then install them via Vortex. Again I want to say, this is what I did to resolve this issue and it worked for me.

Despite having all the mods deployed all the mods in the Larian Studios Mods folder, the game still doesn't read them. I'm not sure if this could be related but Vortex also has a problem with "Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'id') despite having purged and deployed mods multiple times. Is there anything I can do to fix that?

This is what I did to fix this issue and it worked for me. Open Vortex and purge the mods. Close Vortex, Open Steam and run File Validation for BG3,(when I did this no issues found). Then open Mods folder in (username) Apps.. Local..Lorian... Mod Folder Delete everything in the mods folder.(not the folder itself) If you installed any mods manually in this folder it will NOT have "symlink" showing, The ones that DO Not show this symlink, you will need to download and let Vortex install them (ignore any mod author that says to manually install it. Once everything in the Mods folder is deleted (Again..Do not delete the folder itself). Open Vortex and deploy mods and install any mods that were previously identified as NOT symlink showing. Your game should run fine, if your save says missing mods then install them via Vortex. Again I want to say, this is what I did to resolve this issue and it worked for me.

It fixes the issue until you've got a mod update or you add another mod. At least that's what happens with me.

Edited by violascuro

Ill also join in on this, very curious for a solution.

My load order is empty and no matter what i do, it remains that way. importing, deploying or manually adding mods doesnt work. it also keeps popping the "Failed load order operation" error that reads "cannot read properties of undefined (reading "id") with the same error message as stated above. I confirm that everything, including mods, game, vortex, steam are ape to date, and was working up until a few days ago when it stopped and it hasnt worked since.