FCOM package - Staada NPC(s)

taylos

I am fairly new to the whole Elder Scrolls lore and such, so whenever I see something I am not sure of, I go read about it. I use the FCOM package for mods and I am loving the complexities it adds to the game... however, I have encountered multiple NPC's called Staada in some of the very first ruins I have come across.

From what I understand, Staada is one person? Not a type of monster? Anyway, I assume there is meant to be some similarity as the "staada" are generally decked out in armor that glows gold (I assume for its relation to the Golden Saints).

So my question is this, is this supposed to be occurring or is there something wrong with my installation of FCOM? Every Ayleid Ruin I have come across has had 1 if not multiple Staada running around. She is impossible to kill so ... it kind puts a hamper on my dungeon exploration/looting hehe.

I would be interested in hearing what others who use this compilation pack have to say. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
yea i got to her more than once.... its kinda stupid how she gets 200 slashs to the face and still not die, if you really hate her, go into the console, select her and type in kill. thats my solution to balrogs xD

• 1 year later...

Sorry if this counts as necromancy, but this happens to me all the time as well - is it meant to be like this? I mean, I'm level one, and I get extremely overpowered armour from just spamming my restore health and finally killing her, to the point where it's not funny.

Just now, I found two of Staada in the same dungeon, and she always drops some really high-end loot worth thousands of Septims, and I don't want that! I'm only level one, I want to feel like it! This armour is suitable for a high-end character, like level 25+, not level one...

Edited by MichaeI

Have you tried asking on the FCOM mod comments page??

Haha, actually, no. I'm writing a reply to that thread right now, though.

Still, if anyone has any experience with this - please do share.

Wasn't suggesting not posting here ... advocating what I call the 'Shot Gun Principle' ... you put enough lead into the sky, a duck's bound to fly into one of them. :tongue:

Wasn't suggesting not posting here ... advocating what I call the 'Shot Gun Principle' ... you put enough lead into the sky, a duck's bound to fly into one of them. :tongue:

That's something I should start suggesting.

Anyway, I take it you don't have the problem, or maybe don't use FCOM at all? Thanks for replying, either way.

No ... I'm a simple man yet, playing vanilla + HGEC and a few trinkets and baubles I've picked up here. Counting my own 'homegrown' endeavors I think I have twelve mods active. Mostly I use animation replacers and some clothing/armor replacers. Not too complex to install and keep happy. Someday I'm sure I'll need to cross the BOSS/WryeBash/BAIN bridge, but all my research here isn't making me eager for it. Maybe Hickory will make me a friend before that day ... he's 'The Big Dog' once you tread that path.