Cant talk to NPCs or rest after modding

PatrickScryfish

Hey all,

Trying to mod my BG3 for the first time, and struggling. I have downloaded the BG3 Mod Manager, as well as the Mod Fixer, and I have installed them both as per their instructions. I have tried installing some mods (Potent Robe for Durge, Unvisual Half-Illithid), but it seems that as soon as I run the game in a modded state I can no longer talk to NPCs or rest.

I have tried disabling each mod and then enabling them individually, but they jointly and individually give this problem. Anyone have the same problem/have a solution?

Peace!

• 2 weeks later...

Same problem, I'd appreciate it if someone helped us out. For me, I just have BG3 mod manager, and a simple dice addition mod, and I have the same issue. Turn the mod on: can't talk to NPCs, rest, and opening containers has a considerable delay now. Turn the mod off: Everything back to normal.

• 4 weeks later...

First, make sure the mods you are using are up-to-date with the current game version. 

Also, generally once you save with mod enabled, that save file gets changed and may be corrupt.

Try to completely disabled all of your mods and save and export your mod load order using the BG3 Mod manager.  CTRL + S -> CTRL + E.

Attaching an image of your currently active mod would also be helpful to debug the issue.

I suggest checking out the Download History tab and sort by last updated.  Make sure you're up-to-date with your mods.

• 3 weeks later...

Have the same issue. It looks like if a mod has .pak files it would brake the game for me. Game would be broken from the very beggining - on hero creation screen. Instead of creation screen there is a small location and hero standing among naked mannequins. So it is not corrupted save file. Tried install mods by Vortex and manually - result is the same. But mods without .pak files seems to be fine. For example, Aether's Immersive UI works without any problems.