So...wthat's the status of Mods after 2.0?

HainerHenderlain

Since 2.0 is a patch that brings massive changes, I waited to download it because I was afraid it might break my mods.

So, whats the status of the mods after more than a month from the release date of Phantom Liberty? Are they stable?

Any information I should know or particular precautions I should pay attention to before upgrade to 2.0/2.1?

I've noticed that a lot of mods have been coming out since the release of 2.0 and I don't want to be left behind

Edited by HainerHenderlain

I've finally got all my essentials updated. I hope this next patch doesn't completely bork them again. I won't update until I know for sure.

So the core mods all work perfectly now?

No, not at all, and a multitude of the mods are no longer needed. And based on comments it looks like people are still updating and downloading mods without assessing whether they're still necessary. Meanwhile, some of the actually key mods that make fundamental changes aren't being updated. Overall, I'd say say the mod ecosystem is in a bad place, probably be a few months before its worth poking around.

That is not an indictment of the incredibly generous mod authors who slave away to improve games for free, just an honest description of the current situation.

Honestly, a lot of what I would call the "first gen" mods touch wayyy too much s#*! they really shouldn't be affecting based their description. Not going to name any of them, but a lot of the pre-req scripting mods etc. make world changes.

On the bright side, you can now find a lot of newer mods that only affect one aspect of game play and are configurable. I don't think I'd use anything that is an overhaul mod, especially ones that were "updated" like 4 days after 2.0 came out because it changed so much stuff. Its not like it was just a world space update.

Some key new features with 2.0: Meanwhile new clean mods change and are configurable:

HUD visibility health curve

Toggle walk weapon scaling curve

Enemy scaling all weapon base stats

Hotkeys have changed head shot damage

Armor is revamped

AI is changed

Police have been changed

Hopefully you can see how many prime time mods this would complicate or make obsolete all together

Edited by DogTownMassacre

I've finally got all my essentials updated. I hope this next patch doesn't completely bork them again. I won't update until I know for sure.

So the core mods all work perfectly now?

No, not at all, and a multitude of the mods are no longer needed. And based on comments it looks like people are still updating and downloading mods without assessing whether they're still necessary. Meanwhile, some of the actually key mods that make fundamental changes aren't being updated. Overall, I'd say say the mod ecosystem is in a bad place, probably be a few months before its worth poking around.

[cut]

Hopefully you can see how many prime time mods this would complicate or make obsolete all together

Thank you, this is a very broad overview of the current situation.
I mainly use aesthetic mods, but I think I will take my time to make the jump to 2.0.