Scrap Everything suddenly not recognized in-game?

JacobKirwin

Howdy all,

I'm hoping someone has run into this and can lend some insight. I have a long-running game (heavily modded, character level over 300) and It's been smooth sailing for the most part, until just recently:

Last time I logged in and tried to load up my normal save, I received a pop-up telling me that "Scrap Everything .ESP" was no longer active. I checked Vortex and it shows that Scrap Everything is active and enabled in the mods area. I checked the Plug-ins and found the ESP is likewise there, present and enabled as always. So why is my saved game telling me that Scrap Everything has been removed from my load order?

Not sure if it's a mod issue. Not sure if its a game issue. Not sure if its a Vortex issue. I only know that it is some kind of technical issue that I've never seen prior. Has anyone else run into something akin to this before? And if so, how did you troubleshoot it?

Big thanks!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

You could check your "plugins.txt" - file in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Fallout4 and look whether the "Scrap everything" is still there and has an asterisk in front. The asterisk shows that the mod is activated. If so it should be loaded. You can also try to start the game not via Vortex and see whether this makes a difference. If it still doesn't load maybe a reinstallation of "Scrap everything" might help. Or you ran into some kind of modlimit. I use this mod since many years without problems and on an also heavy modded game.

You can try removing the esp from your game folder then put it back in. You can also see is its active on the mods menu in the main menu of the game. Sometimes the esps can get switched off for some reason

• Like 1

I had this same issue pop up today.  Turns out I was over the mod limit.  I went into Vortex and turned a bunch of mods into "light" mods and that fixed everything.

I had initially ignored the pop-up that "scrap everything" was "not installed" and continued to play for a couple hours.  All of those saves are broken.  I had to go back to the initial save where I first got the pop-up saying it wasn't loaded to fix everything.

• Like 2