Cannot find Saved Games: not showing in any folder

jmig

I have the PC version of Starfield. I cannot find my saved games. I can see them within the Load function of the game but they aren't in the
documents/My Games/...folder. I did a search on *.sfs for the entire computer and came up with nothing. I went to the Users/AppData and still could not find my saves.

I am running the Games from a separate SSD drive. I looked into the Starfield folder and found nothing there either. I am at a loss.

Can anyone help me find my saved games files?

Thanks

John

Is Steam cloud turned on? If so, your saves aren't on your local machine.

I do have Steam and a couple steam games, so I assume it is turned on. Is there anyway I can download and backup my saved games?

Thanks,

John

Fire up Steam, Click on Steam, then settings, then cloud. Click the slider to turn it off.

Supposedly, you can view your save files stored in the cloud via your browser.... Steam > Account, and some where in there, is 'files', or 'cloud' or some such. Try this link.

Thank you so much for your endeavors to help me. I will be 76 years old next month. Much of what you younger generations are able to do is beyond my abilities, so I appreciate your help. I went to the provided link and there are no Starfield files. I see other games, i.e., Skyrim, Dishonored, etc., but Starfield is not listed. Can they be in a Bethesda cloud? I would like to find them. Already, I have run into a couple of instances where the game would not let me continue and I had to use the console to move forward. I am afraid I will find myself between a rock and a hard place with no backup files. If I have to start the game over from the beginning, I won't.

Thanks,

John

So far as I know, Beth doesn't do that trick. They should be in C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\My Games\Starfield\Saves...... They aren't hidden or anything odd like that......

Younger generation? :D I'm 62..... I got tired of doing the auto tech thing for a living back in the 90s' though, and a friend of mine get my a job doing phone support for Borders Books and Music..... That was probably the best decision I have made in my life. :D

Edited by HeyYou

So far as I know, Beth doesn't do that trick. They should be in C:\Users\YourUserName\Documents\My Games\Starfield\Saves...... They aren't hidden or anything odd like that......

Younger generation? :D I'm 62..... I got tired of doing the auto tech thing for a living back in the 90s' though, and a friend of mine get my a job doing phone support for Borders Books and Music..... That was probably the best decision I have made in my life. :D

Well old man, they aren't. I have looked in the My Computer and the personal Cloud documents folders. I have the My games/Starfield/saves folders. However, they are empty. Yet. if I go to Load in the game the various saved files show up, and I can load any of them.

I sold my business ten years ago and rode off into the golden sunset. I mainly travel and do nature photography. Computer wise, it's flight simulation. ( I flew in the USAF back in the 1970's and later general aviation) I do an occasional RPG game. I like the Bethesda games. They have God Mode. I am not interested in getting EP and skills. I just like to plow through the game immortally and see the cool graphics when I finish a mission/sequence. I figure these games are like Sci Fi Books. In a Sci Fi book, the hero doesn't die. So, why should my avatar die?

Anyway, thanks for the help.

John

That's just weird...... Have a look in your One Drive\Documents folder, see if there is anything in there... (are you even using one drive??)

I did, not there. The OneDrive is the same thing as Personal, which I use to transfer files from my main computer and the Flight Sim/Game computer. I did a search on the entire computer for sfs files (which I assume are the saved files). The only sfs files are saved games I downloaded from Nexus Mods.

John

That's just weird...... Have a look in your One Drive\Documents folder, see if there is anything in there... (are you even using one drive??)

I did, not there. The OneDrive is the same thing as Personal, which I use to transfer files from my main computer and the Flight Sim/Game computer. I did a search on the entire computer for sfs files (which I assume are the saved files). The only sfs files are saved games I downloaded from Nexus Mods.

John

That just beyond weird..... I wonder where the game is finding them???? Not like beth would have them stashed in some hidden folder somewhere....