Idea: A useful personal tablet: Outpost locator?

WranglerLTG

I've created a few resource outposts and have linked them. I only need revisit the primary a few times every so often to ensure things aren't overfilled and to take what I need/can sell. The trouble is aside from the first one or two I have to search for 3-5 or revisit my cargo routes to glean their names. Yes, its do-able but it feels like something that should have been thought of from the games onset considering how dependent you are initially on acquiring resources.

Is there an existing MOD that clearly designates an outpost with a unique and obvious icon? More, and I haven't progressed to this yet, another icon which uniquely identifies where you built your primary residence?

Or perhaps a tablet that can be made use of to provide a list of your outpost locations and their primary resource? Pirates can have a treasure map skin :)

If you have an outpost in a system, there is a symbol beside it in the Star Map......

I was thinking something more obvious acting as a quick reference. The ability to click on an outpost from the tablet, or perhaps a secondary screen on the ship HUD, and being given the choice of going there would be handy. As it is now your need to remember the system and view the systems to see the default icon, which doesn't differentiate itself all that much (even a different color would help).

If you have an outpost in a system, there is a symbol beside it in the Star Map......

I was thinking something more obvious acting as a quick reference. The ability to click on an outpost from the tablet, or perhaps a secondary screen on the ship HUD, and being given the choice of going there would be handy. As it is now your need to remember the system and view the systems to see the default icon, which doesn't differentiate itself all that much (even a different color would help).

Oh, I agree. Having some kinda menu similar to the "Crew" menu, that shows outposts, their inventories, production rates, etc, would be AWESOME. :D The game knows all this information, so, its just a matter of putting it into a menu...... Just need to know HOW the game tracks those variables.... May have to wait for the CK for that. :D