Opening the Console - Windows 8

Malarkey16

Hi, I've just registered to ask this question because it's really pissing me off.

This is for Oblivion.

I have windows 8 installed on my new laptop. On my old laptop with windows 7 I could open the console without a problem by pressing the tilde key, but on this laptop I can't.

Solutions I've tried:

bAllowConsole=1

That ring mod where putting it on opens the console

A spell that opens the console

Pressing the tilde key

Pressing the tilde key with shift pressed as well

I don't have any IR devices so that option won't work

Changing my resolution

Rebinding the console key

None of these have worked. Any other solutions? I doubt it, as I've searched for days and found nothing apart from the same old "disabling IR devices" solutions, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

When you say you tried "that ring mod ..." do you mean Ring of Console? Did you install Oblivion Script Extender (OBSE) first, and if so what version? What version is your game showing in the lower left corner of the opening menu. Are you using a disk version of Oblivion or a download version (e.g. Steam, Direct2Drive or GameStop/Impulse)?

Details ... we need details to help any further.

When you say you tried "that ring mod ..." do you mean Ring of Console? Did you install Oblivion Script Extender (OBSE) first, and if so what version? What version is your game showing in the lower left corner of the opening menu. Are you using a disk version of Oblivion or a download version (e.g. Steam, Direct2Drive or GameStop/Impulse)?

Details ... we need details to help any further.

Yeah that mod. Installed OBSE, and I have the latest version of oblivion. It's the disk version. The mod clearly works otherwise the ring wouldn't show up in my inventory, but it does, and when I put it on nothing happens.

Ring of Console isn't a recent mod. I'm wondering whether or not it may have problems with the latest release of OBSE (version 0021). Have you tried equipping the ring using the hotkey method?