Why does the dragonborn have no voice?

sralkyrv

Why did Bethesda give the dragonborn no voice, they have a lot of voice actors so it would be easy to let the dragonborn speak.

They could make you choose a voice for male/female and race so when you start a (new) game choose a race and gender there is a voice attached to it, how hard could it be.

I imagine it would even be possible to make a slider to adjust the voice height/range.

In the game (without any mods of course) all the dialogs are there so they know what he/she will say, so instead of just let him/her react the way you do now it was nicer to hear a voice.

I know when there are mods with new dialogs it is not possible to let the dragonborn speak with the same voice so it is acceptable if you react the way you do now, in some mods even the new npc's don't speak and that is fine by me.

The dragonborn looks a litte bit like a mute imho.

Considering the different distinct racial voice types and the amount of dialog the DB has, it would be an expensive venture to voice the DB. They would need male and female Nord, Dunmer, Bosmer, Redguard, Imperial, Altmer, Orsimer, Khajiit and Argonian with ALL dialogs voiced with all these voice types. Would be expensive and with a set budget, what do they cut out of the game to achieve this?

They only had 20 voice actors for all NPCs. In a way, you have a voice in that the little grunts and such you hear in battle are different depending on gender and race. I am fine with the Dragonborn having no "official" voice, since I can imagine how my character would sound saying this dialogue in my head. It would ruin the immersion for me if they had done voice acting and it just didn't fit the type of character I was playing (what if the female voices are all very cutesy and I want to play a cold-hearted badass woman? what if the male voices don't fit my character? etc).

Considering the different distinct racial voice types and the amount of dialog the DB has, it would be an expensive venture to voice the DB. They would need male and female Nord, Dunmer, Bosmer, Redguard, Imperial, Altmer, Orsimer, Khajiit and Argonian with ALL dialogs voiced with all these voice types. Would be expensive and with a set budget, what do they cut out of the game to achieve this?

I think the voice actors have much more dialog with all the npc characters then the DB, now there are allready different races and voices, male and female, so the only thing the actors have to do is to record the sentences of the dragonborn in different type of race and male or female like the actors allready did with the npc's.

As mentioned it is a character (a fictional one) so it does not matter if the voice of the DB doesn't match your own (real life) voice, it could be funny if you could choose a voice you like.

For me it would give the game a bit more dimension, now i sometimes have the feeling as if the DB is a mute, npc's are realy talking to you and your only reaction is clicking on a sentence but there is no sound.

But of course it is just my opinion, nothing more. :smile:

There is a certain stylishness to your only voice being The Voice.

That's kind of a bit weird for me... :tongue: ...considering I'm a female playing a male Dovahkin, big grunty dude with a sissy voice... :blink: ... :D

Since The Voice matches the Dovahkin wouldn't that mean you would have the big, grunty voice?

Oh god! It's TRUE!!...I sound like Jason Momoa... :blink: ... :sad: ... :tongue: