Editing Shale's small crystal

GoldGary

Hello fellas, is there any veteran modder that can help me?

I'm using this cool little mod that make shale's small crystal become equippable on weapon, armor, accessories and arrow slot. It's nice, but i want to edit it to only equippable on weapon, accesories and arrow slot (exclude armor). Then i tried to open the gda file (with gdapp) but since i have no experience on modding i dont know what value or line or row or numbers to change.

You can teach me what to change and i will do it myself, cheers. :smile:

I'm including the file so anyone can see it.

Edited by GoldGary

The value in EquippableSlots is arrived at the same way as for determining what item slots are required for an ItemSet bonus to take effect. There's an explanation of how to calculate the number for a set bonus in this tutorial, basically, you add together a unique value assigned to the desired item slots.

I'm not sure what GDA sets out the values to be used, but they can be found in the EquipSlots tab of the BITM_base.xls source spreadsheet, installed by the toolset.

And they are:

MELEE_MAIN 1
MELEE_OFFHAND 2
RANGED_AMMUNITION 4

CHEST 16

HEAD 32

BOOTS 64

GLOVES 128

CLOAK (not used by game) 256

RING1 512

RING2 1024

NECK 2048

BELT 4096

BITE (not sure what this is) 8192

shale shoulders (cut) 16384

SHALE_CHEST 32768

SHALE_RIGHTARM 65536

shale leftarm (cut) 131072

DOG_WARPAINT 262144

DOG_COLLAR 524288

Quick example of how it works:

if you wanted an item type to be equippable in the Ring1, Ring2, and Dog Collar slots, you'd add 512 + 1024 + 524288 = 525824

The value you'd then enter into the GDA EquippableSlots field for the item type would be 525824

If you look at the vanilla bitm_base.GDA file, you'll see some examples of the calculation method in use. The EquippableSlots value for longswords, daggers, and maces (which can be equipped in both the main and offhand slots) is '3', or 1 + 2

The value for Rings is 1536 (512 + 1024),as they are not restricted to one slot or the other.

Edited by theskymoves