my game is somehow corrupted in 2.02 after a clean install for 2.01?

CryonicTwo3

"Cyberpunk 2077 encountered an error caused by a corrupted or missing scripts file and will now be forced to close.

Outdated mods or traces of old mods are possible causes. Please perform a clean install of the game (instructions at }}}{{{}support.cdprojektred) File corruption during an update. installation is another possible cause. Would you like Steam to verify the integrity of game files for Cyberpunk 2077 before the next launch?"

after update 2.01 i performed a clean install because some things were a little wonkey like the world not loading. after that the game worked perfectly fine, *enter update 2.02* now i keep getting this message and cant launch the game at all (mods enabled or disabled). verified the game countless times and cleared the cache folder too

i assume the solution is another clean install but the fact that i had to manually redownload & install all my 100+ mods last time, id really like to avoid this option if at all possible

Not sure if it will work for you, but in my case, deleting the "r6" folder and then re-verifying the game helped. It also helped with freezes during car rides. Game downloaded about 90 MBs, then it started up without issues. (That said, I have the GOG version, but should also work in Steam.)

That's the trick I had to do at certain points through the game when mods blocked the completion of a mission (e.g. the famous "freeze bug" when you test drive the Basilisk for the first time with Panam, and the game locks up when the Basilisk turns left) - I removed all mods (actually, I switched to a "No Mod" profile in Vortex and did a Purge), re-verified the game files, then, after completing the mission, re-installed the mods and the game worked fine.