Holy. Ran MSI AB to look at VRAM usage..5800MB during game

TonyTurbo78

I've just installed all my mods, around 100 or so, just started playing a new game but realised its so stuttery. I do have a crossfire setup but I'm not running the DOF in ENB because of the well known issues. I have 2 7950 cards which give me 6000MB of VRAM. I put up my MSI Afterburner overlay to look what my System Memory Usage and VRAM Usage was at, VRAM was hitting 5800MB which is nearly all my VRAM and System Memory is at 5000MB (I have 16GB so no issues there) Is it right to be running nearly all my VRAM? Im getting CTDs quite a bit, and alot of sturrer when im walking, is this down to the amount of VRAM im using?

I did try the ENB Booster but it makes my game look like pants, because you cant access the enb graphical settings with Enter+Shift. I've changed the local.ini to UsePatchSpeedhackWithoutGraphics=true so I can at least play with the settings, but alot of the settings for the ENB have grey ticks on them meaning i cant change the values. I'm also getting a weird striping effect on my plants and trees so not liking the ENBBoost at all.

Any help please?

GDDR is not cumulative in SLI/Crossfire. Even if you have 2 cards they will still work best under 3GB.

Edit: You need to resign from something and get below 3GB on your 7950's. Change ENB you are using for performance one and drop some ultra textures to 1-2k max. Lower your full lod view range and get static DOF (it will mask imperfections and won't use as much resources as dynamic one). If you're using UGrid modification, try disabling it. Tweak grass density and view range, if possible use 512mb textures for it. Turn off shadows on grass and trees.

DOF that won't impact a lot your performance:

DYNAVISION

Encryptions Exaggerated Depth of Field

Those edit just skyrim engine DOF settings and you shouldn't have any problems with them.

Edited by BlackRoseOfThorns

thank you Black Thorn. I went with 4k textures where possible, was maxing out everything. I guess I'll have to go back and try and few other things, guess I thought my rig could take a lot of the extreme HD stuff.

Np, I'm glad I could help. Most modern games have their own texture packs set to stay under 3GB. Skyrim is always mentioned as exception from this rule since you can replace almost anything with custom work. What I had forgotten to tell you is that your resolution and multiple screens will also impact your vram. That's why 6GB gtx Titan was well received in digital designers circle (as it was much cheaper then it's professional counterparts). So if you have 2 or 3 screens, try switching to just 1.

Edited by BlackRoseOfThorns