Modding the handheld scanner

Drozhani

I did multiple searches looking for what I'm thinking of, but I wasn't able to find anything, so I thought I'd just spell out what I'm looking for here, and ask forgiveness for not completely RTFM.

I spend a lot of time on foot in scanner mode once I've cleared a location of enemies, or searching a planet for resources/traits.

There are two things, I'd love to see tweaked in the interface.  First, I'd like to be able to open doors/airlocks/weapon cases.  Second, I tend to double-tap "Transfer" to quickly loot everything from a body/container, and then sort out the trash later.  I'd love it if it could be set to not kick me out of scan mode every time.

Thanks for reading if it wasn't TL;DR for you 😄

Yeah, not being able to open containers and such while in scan mode is a pain... I suspect that relates to the possibility of the container being locked... I have noticed though, that *some* containers show you whats in 'em, and others don't. The 'scan' key also being mapped to the same key is the "action" key doesn't help either. Not sure if there is a workaround for that..... On the containers that DO show whats in 'em though, if I grab things individually, it doesn't kick me out of scan mode.....