Where did all the subforums go?

steamteck

you can still find a roughly similar page by visiting the se forums via

https://forums.nexusmods.com/forum/4021-skyrim-special-edition/

be warned you'll need to 'login' to that page - to post - separately from your other nexus logins for some bizarre reason or another, just as already signed-in nexus members apparently now have to 'join community' in order to post to the se forums instnace that you get to through the se mods page >> forum link portal i'm replying to you from.

and yes, i agree with your sentiment regarding the layout they've chosen for the mod-page linked forum portal. imo it's clumsy and a step backwards.

I don't usually like to complain but I was hoping that Nexus was still working on the forums after the update and that all would be well once they were done.  

This setup is miserable.  The fastest way I've been able to find a specific game forum is by googling it.  Using the old "Community-Forum" buttons sends me to "Discussion for Skyrim Special Edition and the Anniversary Edition DLCs."  If you click browse, you go to the main forum and have an opportunity to search through a list for the specific game forums you want. 

Please put a link to the actual game forum page where you currently see all the latest threads listed.   I think that might be an easy fix.

On 12/1/2023 at 7:27 AM, anjenthedog said:

you can still find a roughly similar page by visiting the se forums via

https://forums.nexusmods.com/forum/4021-skyrim-special-edition/

be warned you'll need to 'login' to that page - to post - separately from your other nexus logins for some bizarre reason or another, just as already signed-in nexus members apparently now have to 'join community' in order to post to the se forums instnace that you get to through the se mods page >> forum link portal i'm replying to you from.

and yes, i agree with your sentiment regarding the layout they've chosen for the mod-page linked forum portal. imo it's clumsy and a step backwards.

That's so helpful . Thank you.

The subforums are now at the top of the page. Here's an example:

image.thumb.png.08b1f7dde930b00f4d31b33a3c6823aa.png

We've condensed it down a bit because there were a lot of duplicates. It's also worth noting that a lot of the chat for Skyrim LE and Skyrim SE can be answered by people with the same knowledge. 

I'm happy to talk about adding more subforums as we continue to migrate the posts across into the new format. Let me know what's missing and why you would like to see it added here! 

Guest deleted34304850

this is really not intuitive at all. which is made so much worse because, as usual, nexusmods decided that no communication whatsoever about any of this was the best/only policy.

who came to decide that this was the best/most optimal/most user friendly solution available? was it one of your double-secret surveys? did you question people who don't know what a forum is?

i mean, we're three weeks in and honestly, its a bit of a shitshow.

TBH, aside from generalist skyrim questions, (quests and so forth, and console commands) LE and SE simply are not the same game, especially regarding technical support issues.  Your amalgamation of LE and SE into one mismash support channel is, and with all due respect, imo, poorly thought out.

And further, and with no disrespect intended, one can already answer more cross LE/SE queries (ie, quest details and other vanilla Skyrim basics) by performing a widenet search than using any one forum website. 

In any case, it is what it is, so I'll adapt.