Looking for suggestions for a simple smiting* overhaul

DiazExMachina

Hello all.

I recently came back to Skyrim, because when life sucks the best way to cope is to mod a game to death without ever playing it.

I'm looking for a simple smiting overhaul, something akin to jayserpa's Simple Hunting Overhaul and Simple Fishing Overhaul, or SimonMagus' Thaumaturgy, Gourmet, and Apothecary. I only know about Arthmoor's Ars Metallica and kyptopyr's Complete Crafting Overhaul Redone, but I was looking for something lighter and immersive.

My main goal is to find something that makes crafting stuff at the forge and skinning rack more interesting without having to deal with MCMs and tons of patches to make it work with my modlist (which currently consists mainly in the Essential Mods found on Skyrim mods and many immersion mods, as well as some mods to touch up gameplay while still staying true to the game's original vision).

Any suggestion you have is welcome, and I want to thank you in advance for your help and time.

EDIT: The "*" in the title means that if a mods covers more than just smiting stuff (mining, chopping woods, build houses, etc.) is a very welcome addition. As I've said Alchemy, Enchanting, and Cooking are covered, but all that's left is fair game (including creating objects without crafting stations, like with Skills of the Wild).

Ars Metallica is the simplest smithing related mod that I know about. Sorry, I cannot help you in that regard.

As far as mining and wood chopping there are my two mods: Random Mining (non-mcm version) and Wood Chopping to Max Carry Weight.  They may be of interest to you as they increase what you can obtain without going too far or too unrealistic from the game's original behavior.

1 hour ago, IsharaMeradin said:

As far as mining and wood chopping there are my two mods: Random Mining (non-mcm version) and Wood Chopping to Max Carry Weight.

Thank you for this suggestion, those are very nice mods. Anyway I've found Simple Smithing Overhaul on Nexus (because yeah, I didn't look for those exact words), so I'm probably settled (for at least a couple sessions).