help anyone who maybe had this problem?

kyleftw

so i boot the game up, start new game, game runs smoothly settings on low, downloaded those performance inis bethini pie and some loose optimized texture mods, now the intro runs so smoothly, textures looking clean, no blur, no noise some sound drops but as as soon as the artifact video plays finish ctd? does the smooth intro not mean everything else will at least run on that level? its misleading so i dnt know if its settings, a faulty game or what, i tried downloading a different save file mod but that doesnt work either, on the previous playthrough when it came out i got at least to kreet but i waited for patches hoping it would make the game better, anyone know how to get pass this hurdle?

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega Graphics       3.50 GHz     with 6.96 usable ram,

still working on getting the ssd and my graphics is integrated at the moment, but that intro sequence plays so smoothly, textures looking clean on low and medium settings, no lag or stutter, so it loads up good enough but then just drops after that? its like the only optimised that sequence for demo purposes

On 12/5/2023 at 3:25 AM, kyleftw said:

AMD Ryzen 3 2200G with Radeon Vega Graphics       3.50 GHz     with 6.96 usable ram,

still working on getting the ssd and my graphics is integrated at the moment, but that intro sequence plays so smoothly, textures looking clean on low and medium settings, no lag or stutter, so it loads up good enough but then just drops after that? its like the only optimised that sequence for demo purposes

The problem is that the engine isn't coded to support integrated graphics so it's difficult to avoid random crashes.

As for the videos, those are Bink Video files and they don't require a powerful GPU to play.

You can try renaming the folder 'video' ( ..\steamapps\common\Starfield\Data\video ) to something else or move the ArtifactVision and PowerVision files to another folder.. In theory, the game won't be able to load them and if all goes well it won't crash after attempting to play one. But.. it's just a guess, I don't know.

You can also take a look at Windows >> Event Viewer to see which module has crashed (GPU driver?) but that's not always helpful..

welp i know i am a pc peasant and my pc needs this and that, i was mostly asking if anyone knows of work arounds, tweaks, patches to help stabilize the game, i got it to play, even got out to neon, finished some missions, installed some mods, its running fairly decent, sure visuals are mid, but it runs, so if anyone is searching, hit me up, i'll tell you how to get it running instead of hearing people tell you you poor, haha j.k thanks members.

P.S the ctd is a bethesda thing, you can spend thousands on hardware and still get ctd, until more optimising mods or patches come out

7 hours ago, kyleftw said:

welp i know i am a pc peasant and my pc needs this and that, i was mostly asking if anyone knows of work arounds, tweaks, patches to help stabilize the game, i got it to play, even got out to neon, finished some missions, installed some mods, its running fairly decent, sure visuals are mid, but it runs, so if anyone is searching, hit me up, i'll tell you how to get it running instead of hearing people tell you you poor, haha j.k thanks members.

P.S the ctd is a bethesda thing, you can spend thousands on hardware and still get ctd, until more optimising mods or patches come out

I have hundreds of hours in the game, and I think I have seen maybe one CTD in the last three weeks.....

On 12/11/2023 at 2:14 PM, kyleftw said:

Umm it might be a Bethesda thing, that changes however not the fact, that your hardware is not adequate to run the game. CTD might be an issue of the game and Bethesda can/could change something about it, however your hardware can also be a reason that this CTD shows up at all. With the appropraite hardware it might that this CTD is never a cause of concern. I get it, you want to play the game, you don't want to spend the money (or can't) for new hardware that is inside the system requirements, but the requirements are there for a reason. Sometimes there can be workarounds to some issues, but don't count on it. The fact is, your wants and needs are not alligned with the wants and needs of the game. The game wants a dedicated GPU, you don't have one. You want to play the game, the game says "nope, not until you give me what i require". If i only have 4GB RAM the game might run fine up to a certain point before all of a sudden starting to crash. Can Bethesda fix that? Possibly. But it wouldn't anything anybody would look forward to to play Starfield in 8bit graphic mode. So instead of simply crashing Bethesda will at most handle the OOM Exception and display a message that says "You don't have enough memory", you confirm it and the program exits gracefully instead of simply vanishing of your screen. CTD is fixed but you still can't play the game. Just live with the fact that Starfield won't run on your PC until you invest in upgrades or a new PC. And even if there is somewhere a workaround, it won't be a pleasant experience and remind more of a slideshow than a game. You also can't expect that a Fiat 500 can beat a Formula-1 racing car on a race track.