Skyrim update woes for me ... I need some help please ?

moonraiser

16 minutes ago, nordnemesis said:

So essentially we have to wait for the SKSE update? or every mod author to update their mods? or both? Im not familiar with how the mechanics under the hood work, so excuse my ignorance.. I mean, having updates turned off should count for something, but somehow what I want doesnt matter to Bethesda and Steam anymore... insanity.

"Essentially" you are correct. They ( Beth and Steam ) only screwed up a game that was well started. I'm not in my happy place.

1 hour ago, jjb54 said:

"Essentially" you are correct. They ( Beth and Steam ) only screwed up a game that was well started. I'm not in my happy place.

Oh man, this doesnt sound great at all.. I thought EA was bad, now Beth and Steam cant stand when people are happy....lol

Honestly, Bethesda doing this to Skyrim AGAIN is like a maniac repeatedly attacking (to avoid saying worse) the same victim repeatedly for years...The game has been released in 2011, and in 2023 they still won't have enough of it...

How can anyone even approve and defend these decisions? It's one thing to say "Oh well, there is nothing we can do about it", it's another to insult whoever feels upset by what happened (and many people do just that, unfortunately).

• Like 1

Does anyone know if the modding.wiki page for SKSE compatibility ( https://modding.wiki/en/skyrim/users/skse-plugins ) will be updated for the newest Skyrim?  It was very useful to me twice - first when upgrading from 1.5xx to 1.6.353, then the next upgrade to 1.6.640.

FYI - it is tracking updated mods for the newest version, just not many available yet.

Edited by 7531Leonidas
modding.wiki is following updates for SKSE

On 12/6/2023 at 12:02 PM, HDMFanatic said:

Just look up "Address Library for SKSE Plugins" on the Nexus and you'll need to download version 9.

Also it's possible that you have mods that rely on the Address Library that haven't been updated to pull from the latest Address Library version.

Having the same problem as OP. I have the new skse installed (V9 1.6.1130) and I'm still getting the same messages. Is there something else I'm forgetting to update? Are those mods just going to be broken now?