Different Mod Settings (Mods not loading) for Baldur's Gate 3

TymIoo

I have tried everything to make the mods work, I tried purging and deploying the mods, manually deleting the symlink files from the mod folder, deleting the modsetting file and exporting the mod order from bgmm I even went as far as to reinstall every mod that I had installed, but no matter what I do it seems that BG3 doesn't seem acknowledge read the mods and I honestly have no idea what more I could do

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to add I have the same type of problem. If anyone find a solution then please update with an answer.

Can't launch BG3 with any mods after the latest patch. When deleting a mod i get "couldn't be read correctly. This mod be incorrectly locked/ unlocked but will default to unlocked". 

Tried uninstalling everything related to BG3 and Vortex and manually deleting everything from Appdata. No luck.

Before the latest patch (or was it patch 14?) I completed the game with a ton of mods. Now? can't even get the game to launch through vortex.

• 2 weeks later...

This just happened to me but I fixed it. What fixed it for me was:

1. make sure vortex was fully updated (maybe unecessary since I think vortex updating silently is what caused all this in the first place, but safe to be on latest version)
  2. disable ALL mods and intentionally run game clean and vanilla once
  3. re-enable mods a few at a time, running after enabling each set incase one of them was broken/breaking bg3

Turned out none of my mods had issues I just needed to "run clean" one time. Probably some cache/orphaned file issue after the vortex update. I hope this fixes your issues!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah so Vortex is not purging or deploying properly. I have tired individually disabling mods, and purging for vortex to show on the mods tab all is disabled. But when you look at your load order Mods are still there. Tried purging from the load order and mods page and neither work. I can enable mods but not disable or purge the load order. Mods not enabled previously will enable and even show up in the load order list but nothing will purge or disable from the load order in Vortex. I even tried uninstalling, that removes the mods from the mod list only does not remove them from the load order and the PAK files are still in the appdata folder.

Don't know if this is because of patch 6 for BG3 but I kinda doubt it. I can totally manually install a mod (no vortex) but vortex is not performing as advertised.

• 2 weeks later...