Is it possible to install MODS without a mod enabler ?

moonraiser

7 hours ago, moonraiser said:

Just curious if it's possible and if so how would one do so ?

I would like to have the SkyUI MOD installed without a MO2 or Vortex ... can it be done and please walk this idiot thru the process if so 🥸

Thanks ~

Skyui Skse64 installation guide - Nexus Mods Wiki

I was not able to get it to work wo using a mod manager.  I have no problem installing it with Vortex.  It also requires SKSE.  The mod, however, has option to download manually but, personally, I couldn't get it to work.  

• 4 weeks later...

Another dumb question to ask :

I got SkyUI working in game with the manual install the only problem being is in the choice icons ... you know like the sell, drop, give and take icons. They show up fine BUT the box associated with each have a 3 Question Marks instead of the letter that is suppose to associate each. Like for Sell E , Drop R etc.

Anyone of you smart people who may happen to see this know how I can fix it ?

Thanks a ton ~

Edited by moonraiser

Three '?' where there is an integer input choice within an MCM indicates that the default or current value is outside the valid parameters.  This happens when a mod author chooses to let the player establish their own values, most commonly seen with hotkey assignments.

Now if we are talking about the prompt that appears during gameplay, then it may be possible that the button assignments are missing.  Other players have indicated having issues with keys not responding after the update. This could be related to that.