The RoboCop: Rogue City Mod Project

The1Sakishiro

On 12/26/2023 at 3:22 PM, CyberdyneSystemsModel101 said:

I haven’t actually thought about the cartridge cases eject from the Auto-9 in the movies. Maybe because the muzzle flash is so big that it got most of the attention. If you could write down which scenes you can see the cartridge cases eject from the gun, then please do. Would be interesting to analyze. And sure, a cool mod to do also, if we find a modder that can do that.

Update(December 26): Merry Xmas everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful Xmas with family and friends!

The RoboCop Rogue City Mod Project however, unfortunately, is still in a stalemate. Still haven’t been able to find any modder that can do visual and gameplay mods. At this point, I expect no free modding of those kind of mods, and I’m more than willing now to commission them, and also pay good price for the mods. I guess that’s the only way now to have a chance at them being done. I’ve also got a lot more cleaned up sounds from “auto9” Destiny Ivey, so many awesome sound mods can still be released. But I see no point in doing that right now until at least the three main mods that I requested in the first post, have been done. So, please 🙏, if anyone has the time, please help me find a modder that is interested in doing mods through commissions.

Sorry, got massively distracted there. Honestly, you can barely see because the ejection is... energetic, and 24 frames per second and fast cuts make it hard to catch but you can get an idea of it in the factory shootout in RC1 (link below). Just a blurred case visible somewhere at right of the screen for the duration of firing would do it. I'd actually hate it if they put ejection like the other weapons in the game have, because it would look LESS realistic 🙂 

Update(January 16th):

The three HUD mods will take a while longer to release due to temporary heavy work schedule. Also trying to get my hands on more original servo sounds to fit another sound mod for the Auto-9 reload animations.

And I'm changing one of the three visual mods requests I've made, and it's about the crosshair, for it to be more simplified to make (updated the request on the first post too). And it should definitely be more simple to make this variation of the mod since I've seen this mod be done on several other UE4 games. Very willing to commission this mod, so any modders out there, if you're interested, please contact me. Alright, here is the new request for the crosshair mod: 

A mod that makes it able to toggle the crosshair on and off, and the toggle function can be mapped to any button on a Xbox One Elite Series 2 controller, keyboard, or mouse. Most importantly on the Xbox controller.

Excellent work on the mods; however, I have noticed that the audio does not seem to appear during cutscenes. I have installed both the footsteps and the gun and holster sound mods ( and all the others ). However, during the real-time cutscenes, the OG sounds for both still play. They modded sounds do work fully during gameplay sections, though.

On 1/24/2024 at 10:03 PM, LTAjax said:

Excellent work on the mods; however, I have noticed that the audio does not seem to appear during cutscenes. I have installed both the footsteps and the gun and holster sound mods ( and all the others ). However, during the real-time cutscenes, the OG sounds for both still play. They modded sounds do work fully during gameplay sections, though.

Yeah, the sound mods only work for gameplay, not cutscenes. Sometimes the original steps mod can be heard in some cutscenes though.

Update(January 26th):

The three HUD sound mods and the grab and throw original servo sound mod will be released very soon. Keep your eyes peeled, everyone! 😎

Update(January 30th):

The HUD sound mods, and the grab and throw original servo sound mod is now released! Grab them from here:

Movie HUD Sounds:

https://www.nexusmods.com/robocoproguecity/mods/36

Classic Servo Sounds for Grab and Throw:

https://www.nexusmods.com/robocoproguecity/mods/37

Also, really awesome that the game got a New Game Plus update! Thank you so much Teyon! ❤

But it's sad to see that there hasn't been any other mods released lately for Rogue City though. I guess I'm the only one left who cares about improving this game through mods. 😟 My longing for a modern RoboCop game goes deep. But I can also understand the lack of interest in it since the franchise is very old, and was destroyed by crap sequels like the third movie. A fate shared by the Alien, Predator and Terminator franchise as well. 😣

Thanks for the kind words, jojo670 🙏❤️ 

Yeah, I didn’t wait 21 long years (it was 21 years ago the last RoboCop game was released before Rogue City) for a new RoboCop game to sound like Rogue City does by default. But I don’t blame Teyon for it. It’s that damn greedy company that bought all the original RoboCop sounds, and are now selling the rights at a way too expensive price.