Curiosity killed the cat, well, so the saying would have one believe.

shamino05

47 minutes ago, 7531Leonidas said:

1463, as counted by Vortex, so certainly a bit more when considering the no .esp texture mods.  I have seen a few claims of 2000+.

And here i thought i was running  a lot lol never stopped to think about the no esp mods, so i probably have a few more as well

Goodness that is a lot. I'm seriously impressed. I doubt I'm running more than a dozen at the moment as this is a new install. I was running the CC stuff and some mods from inside of SkyrimSE but since that update Bethesda keep asking me to input my details and I get fed up as I don't know them off by heart so I haven't gone there to delete all the mods thus freeing me from them forever... Every time I look at it, a dreadful malaise overtakes me and I escape to Morrowind or Oblivion or make a cake...

Isn't there supposed to be a limit beyond which your system implodes and your dog/cat leaves home? 😲

24 minutes ago, wfandrews said:

Reminds me of a blurb I saw on a post some time ago; "I don't play Skyrim, I just mod it."

On Linux modding a game can be quite exciting and sometimes heaps better than the actual game. There are Linux users who seem happy only when the game isn't working... 🙂 

I know I sometimes get bored when games just work... Luckily, I've just broken Oblivion with an update... so I have a couple of hours of fun putting it back together... It is raining...🌧️

15 hours ago, zixi said:

I know I sometimes get bored when games just work... Luckily, I've just broken Oblivion with an update... so I have a couple of hours of fun putting it back together... It is raining...🌧️

Glad to hear you're back to the real game... 😉

I don't get bored, but I do get complacent. Everything's finally working right again, and I've ironed out every annoying little bug that's plagued me for months, and what do I do? Almost immediately update a half dozen mods and install a few more new ones for good measure, cu'z what could go wrong, amiright?  Leading me back to another round of debug and shakeout. No... not just once, but repeatedly. 

4 hours ago, anjenthedog said:

No... not just once, but repeatedly. 

I'm glad it's not just me. The issue yesterday was caused by updating MO2. It didn't ask to. I just did because I was curious as to what would happen; and what I thought would happen - happened. Part of the issue is that I'm playing happily and then I think: Wasn't there use to be  a mod that did XYZ? I'll just add that and then there's the dependencies etc etc and then it all falls over and whimpers... 

4 hours ago, anjenthedog said:

Glad to hear you're back to the real game..

😁