Rerecruiting Boone After Getting Idolized by Legion for submitting dogtags?

Mackintoke

I use JIP Companions set to unlimited.

During my early game I had like 6 companions. Boone was one of them. I was on my way to Caeser's fort. I had him and Russel and I think Cass wait in a spot outside of Cottonwood Cove, while me Raul and Arcade took the boat to the fort. Arcade got mad but I sorted him out with speech checks. I took part in the arena fights and gained like status with the Legion, so when I got back to Boone he gave the warning. Using speech checks I sorted him out.

Just now I gave the Legion a bunch of NCR dogtags and got Idolized by the Legion. Arcade cass and raul were my companions when I did this. Boone wasn't, he was back at Novac. I went to recruit him for an NCR mission (I'm idolized with NCR too) but he told me to go f*#@ myself. 😭

I made a save right before I talked to him though. What console commands can I use to make him ignore my rep with the legion so I can recruit him? Or are there any mods? I still want him to be hostile to legion, but he shouldn't tell me to go f*#@ myself for something he never even witnessed.

Side note: leave no witnesses mod is awesome.

Edited by Mackintoke

There isn't a console command for him to simply ignore your affiliation with a group that he despises.

However, you can use console commands to remove said affiliation with the legion, hire Boone, and then re-add it back in place. Just be careful having him around. It isn't just hiring him that will cause problems, should you continue to be buddy buddy with his sworn enemies.

Cool, do you know those commands? Sorry I'm new.

Once I can recruit him again, him, Russel and I (disguised as NCR trooper) are going to kill some legion guys in a cave holding NCR guys hostages. Using the Leave No Witnesses mod, so long as we wipe out every single legionnaire I won't gain any negative rep with Legion.

Adding/removing reputation can get a little confusing for sure. Here are the actual commands:

https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Fallout:_New_Vegas_console_commands#Player_reputation_and_faction

Now keep in mind that negative reputation and positive reputation are two very different things, it's not just a plus/minus system like Karma. So you'll want to remove your positive reputation with the legion with something like this:
player.removereputation 000F43DD 1 5

I will warn you though, even after hired, Boone might not appreciate you regaining your fame with them. Might have to eventually pick sides 😄

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LOL I tried to but he wouldn't listen. That console command did the trick, I could recruit him after lowering my status from idolized back to liked. Then me and Russel and a few others went to rescue those NCR hostages from the Legion mines. Using a disguise mod that actually works we killed the legion guys and rescued the hostages. Since I was in NCR ranger disguise and there were no surviving witnesses, the legion doesn't know it was me. My head canon has Boone thanking me.

That mod looks good, I'm gonna try it out, thanks. I have a mod where I can recruit Ulysses and Vulpes as companions. I plan on recruiting them while wearing Legion disguise to take out some NCR guys. Ultimately I'm destabilizing both NCR and Legion long term for my House ending. Me and House gonna rule New Vegas mafia style.